The use of geography data in sales today is an important and popular tool in the hands of marketers. Users share information about themselves on social networks, and all movements can be tracked by IP addresses. In search of the right product or service, buyers use “Maps” and “Search.” Everything is possible thanks to Geo-Targeting. Advertising messages are focused on customers, which helps the marketing services of campaigns attract the target audience and increase conversion. You can read more information about web traffic here.
What is geo-targeting?
Geo-targeting is targeted advertising in which ads can be shown to people based on their geographical location. The target audience is divided by regions, cities, and specific objects; to do this, specify the exact location on the map.
Geo targeting automatically shows ads next to the user’s address. The more information the company learns about the user’s location, the more accurately the advertising campaign will be targeted.
The user’s location is determined by several factors:
- IP address, a unique device code;
- information from mobile network stations;
- cookies: remember the login and password of site visitors;
- search queries indicating the location, for example, “buy flowers in New York”;
- Users’ information about themselves in social networks: place of residence, work, etc.
There are several types of geo-targeting. Each has its own characteristics:
- Local geo-targeting. Ads are displayed within the same city or region. For example, you can set up ads for California, Arizona.
- Hyperlocal geo-targeting. The offers are configured with a reference to the city area or a limited territory. A specific area within 500 meters is selected, or specific addresses are indicated (shopping malls, theaters, airports, parks, business centers, and so on).
- Advanced geo-targeting. The display takes place according to a number of parameters, for example, in Google, taking into account the interest in search queries or depending on the number of visits to the geopoint.
Understanding the features of different types of geo-targeting will allow business owners to reduce the loss of money on advertising.
Geo-targeting increases the effectiveness of marketing, allows you to exclude irrelevant audiences.
The advantages of geo-targeting include:
- customer orientation—the collected data in Google Ads will help to understand the customer’s requests;
- cost savings—companies create advertising for their target audience and thereby increase its effectiveness;
- reducing the number of competitors—the business will find its place in the regional market faster;
- If you need to segment the audience for a narrowly focused product, use flexible tool settings.
When allocating locations for online commerce, experts carefully study:
- where it is planned to deliver products;
- assess the purchasing power of the region—the prices of goods should be acceptable to buyers;
- development of several advertising campaigns for different regions, with adaptation to the needs of each of them.
In combination with other targeting parameters, marketers can increase the effectiveness of an advertising campaign and optimize the advertising budget.
Why is geo-targeting important?
Geographic targeting is suitable for regional companies to compete with large organizations. Large corporations are using geo-targeting to generate customer requests for different regions.
Geo-targeting is effective for work:
- retail stores and shopping centers;
- service establishments (beauty salons, notaries, lawyers);
- commercial organizations that plan to distribute the product with reference to the region.
Geographic targeting can be configured in contextual advertising, social networks, and SEO promotion.
With the help of geographical targeting, they solve such tasks as:
- attract interested customers who are comfortable buying goods or services in a certain area;
- reduce the cost of processing applications—fewer requests from users for whom it is unprofitable to buy from the company;
- promote retail outlets;
- tell residents of specific districts, cities about upcoming events: store openings, promotions, and sales.
Geo-targeting is beneficial for both the advertiser and the target audience. Users receive information about products that can be bought in their city or even near their home. So, residents of Washington or Paris will see offers only from their region and will not consider ads from other cities by mistake.
Opportunities for geo-targeting to increase conversion
The main task facing geo-targeting is to make advertising as targeted as possible. The choice of a specific territory plus the socio-demographic characteristics and interests of a certain audience will protect against the impressions and transitions of non-target users. For example, if a store operates only in one city and does not deliver, then there is no point in making a campaign for the whole country.
In addition, geo-targeting will help:
- disseminate information about the opening of the facility, promotions, and discounts for residents of specific areas;
- gather an audience that visits the sites of competitors or related companies;
- promote small businesses in small towns, etc.
Understanding the features of different types of geo-targeting allows you to reduce the loss of money on advertising. It makes sense to use local geo-targeting if your business provides services locally, and it makes no sense for customers to travel far. A striking example is a fast-food restaurant. Advertisements for catering establishments are placed in a limited radius. In most cases, the use of geo-targeting allows you to correctly apply advertising and save, and this is an additional profit for the company.
There are many specialized websites that attract customers and develop individual options for different regions, taking into account their characteristics. All this will allow you to get the best return from advertising.
This is how SparkTraffic works:
- Geo-targeting: More than 200 countries
- SEO Support: Yes, 24/7 (Multilingual)
- Cost: Starting at $5.99 (Mini Eco) for 60,000 visits per month (2000 daily visits)
- Free trial: 1-hour free trial and 2,000 visits
- Bulk: Yes
- Adsense safe traffic: Yes
- Google social traffic: Yes
- Adult traffic: Yes
- Organic traffic: Yes
Users who are still choosing the best options can use the free version of the traffic generator on sparktraffic.com and evaluate the prospects of increasing conversions.
Geo-targeting is effective not only for the advertiser but also for the user. After all, this is an opportunity to obtain the required information (product or service) without having to conduct unnecessary searches. Location-based advertising is the optimal solution for a business that cares about the exact place of residence or work of its audience. Geo-targeting is also useful for large corporations with branches and the possibility of delivery throughout the country or around the world.