Know and solve QuickBooks Error 1904 with the help of our experts
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 1904 mainly includes design modifications that will make the program framework compliant with the Windows Operating System. Follow the steps below to diagnose and solve the problem.
Step 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Diagnostic Deployment Tool is available in the QuickBooks Application Hub. It is the easiest way to fix much of the installation bugs, such as restoring broken files on QuickBooks Desktop. Ensure that the QuickBooks Windows program is closed before scanning with the tool.
- Download and update QuickBooks Tool Hub (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and run.
- Choose Configuration Problems in Options as soon as the program starts and choose QuickBooks Download Diagnostic System.
- Restart the device and re-open the QuickBooks program.
Step 2: Manage Security Settings
Often antivirus or firewall settings can prevent the execution of some QuickBooks files. Although the steps will be specific for each antivirus program, the concept is to include QuickBooks files in the exclusion list.
Step 3: Open QuickBooks Desktop with the Built-In Admin Account
UAC (User Account Control) will be removed when users access an application with an advanced admin account. In this mode, the constraints on applications would be removed and this will, in effect, fix the problem. This move is just to address the problem when running QuickBooks and not a permanent solution. Follow the instructions below to implement the process.
- In Notepad, try saving a test note from the file menu in either “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files” depending on the Windows edition.
- If you cannot save it, consider reinstalling QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Click the Windows button on your keyboard to check for CMD.
- Open a file with the option Run as Administrator.
- Enter Net User Administrator/active: yes (or Net User Administrator/active if you see an error) and click Enter.
- Change to the Default Admin Account using the Change User option.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files in File Explorer.
- Right-click it to access Property.
- Check the Safety tab and press Edit button.
- choose Users in the “User Names” section.
- Toggle on Delete, Read & Run, List the contents of the tab, Read, and Write permissions in the “User Permissions” section.
- Press Install and click OK.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
- Sign up with your daily account.
- Remove the administrator password because the program is being used by other users. Type in the “Net User Administrator / active: no” prompt after selecting Run as Administrator option.
Step 4: Remove Adobe Flash Player
The new version of the Adobe Flash Player can conflict with the standard functionality of the QuickBooks Desktop. Although this is fairly unlikely, reinstalling the program could fix QuickBooks Error 1904.
- From the Start menu, switch to the Control Panel.
- Press Uninstall a program and select Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from the list.