Let’s rewind the tape and look back in the 20th century where just the top 1 percent of Americans have automobiles.
The car owners bought gasoline in cans and pour it themselves, that’s unimaginable for the car owners of the 21st century.
Later, gas stations were created and in the course of 100 years of history, the gas stations have left an indelible impression on people’s mind as people have become so used to the gas station services in everyday life.
In the urban environment, when people stop by the gas station, they never thought that the gas station will disappear anytime soon. But, it’s a harsh reality.
As the electric cars going mainstream, the experts have estimated that the number of the gas station that is merrily drilling and pumping the cars will shrink worldwide by 2040.
Before the figure come true, in the meantime, the concept of fuel delivery services come out that has already started inching out the people from conventional gas stations. Now, it’s expected that gas station will soon as quaint as the bookstore. The fuel delivery services app sounds intriguing. Right?
Let’s dig deeper to know what fuel delivery software are:
When you are driving to the San Francisco and at the half-way, you found the car is running out of the fuel, there you stuck with no gas station is around. Ugh.
How about the fuel pump come to you and fill the car tanks? It sounds interesting. This is what exactly the phone-driven fuel delivery services are working.
The apps when downloaded on the mobile, the car drivers just need to point the car’s location on the map and order the fuel for a certain schedule. Later, the fuel truck arrives at the defined location and time and fill the tank.
With technology advancement and jumped up customer’s expectations, the tectonic shift in the fuel industry is gaining worth attention from the people worldwide. Several start-ups are cropping up in different cities of the world to transform the fuel purchase experience and go mobile.
Here are the current leaders in mobile fueling that have pushed the trend upward:
- Booster offers same day fuel delivery services in the parking area, at a defined location, and even at the fuel door in the USA.
- Filld delivers gas to the vehicles at two designated days of a week in a neighborhood. When the driver has a need of refueling the car, give a signal to Filld and they will swing by overnight.
- Cafu is the first fuel delivery application in Dubai that refuel car, motorcycles, and boats at the window of time defined by the people.
- FuelFox in Birmingham allows the Birmingham-area residents to register car refueling service and schedule at any of the “Fox Spots.”
The Benefits of fuel delivery apps over gas stations:
The on-demand delivery of fuels at the doorstep provide the range of unprecedented advantages to the businesses in the field of fuel delivery and the users as well.
For the fuel delivery service providers
- Wholesale options always lead to lower cost. The price of fuel when purchased in bulk, it costs lesser than standard prices. It helps in saving money and manage the budget as well.
- Stocking up the bulk fuel remove the need for monitoring, reordering, and stocking the fuel that saves the time, which can be spent elsewhere in doing productive work.
- The businesses will never have a hard time for fuel shortages as there are many companies which provide on-site tanks that ensure you always have fuel available and keep the operations going. The guaranteed supply is certain.
- With advanced tracking and fuel monitoring equipment, tracking fuel consumption becomes easier. The instant notification for fuel restocking helps businesses running smoothly and analytics help in recognizing unnecessary usage and adjust the supply accordingly.
- The businesses are no longer required to make an investment in place and legal compliances, which leads to low maintenance cost and higher profits.
For the users
- It eliminates the need to wait in long queues at the fuel station. Just a couple of clicks and the fuel tank is at their way, which saves a lot of time.
- No need to carry and store the fuel in the vehicle for future needs, which in turn, alleviate the likelihood of fuel spills or adulteration.
- There will be no anxiety of run out of the fuel in the middle of the trip as the fuel tank stays at just a few clicks so emergencies can be handled well.
- Rest assured with quality and cleanliness of fuel as fuel delivery app ensure that fuel is double filtered and petrol tanks are regularly cleaned.
- Users can pay for the fuel through the myriad of the payment options such as credit card, debit card, net banking, e-wallet, and more.
- Convenience is key. The people can order the fuel anytime, anywhere just at the tap on the smartphone.
However, the Fuel delivery apps that are emerging as an exciting and a way more convenient alternative to the gas stations posing numerous challenges to the businesses.
But, building an on-demand fuel delivery app is a lot easier than holding the stake in the fierce competition. The challenges that mobile fueling companies facing are:
- Meeting safety regulations including taking precautions for high-quality tanks, not exceeding the regulatory amount of fuel, and keeping safety systems to cut off tanks during the fire is all-important.
- Some start-ups have faced regulatory troubles due to a legal grey area.
- Pricing the fuel correctly is another challenge as the price-per-gallon must be on the par of local gas stations and low enough to draw more customers and increase the bottom line.
Despite the problems and challenges associated with fuel delivery space, there is a lot of potential in fuel delivery service that can be exploited with safe, compliant, user-friendly and sustainable processes.
The growing demand for on-demand services among people seems as if the gas station will soon become an extinct species in the near future.