5 Things You Must Know About Bail Bonds
Business 480

5 Things You Must Know About Bail Bonds

5 Things You Must Know About Bail Bonds

Finding yourself or a loved one in jail is the most difficult and stressful time. You don’t have to remain in jail while you await your court’s hearing date if you know your rights. Bail bonds are used to allow the defendant to be released from jail and prepared to deal with this difficult situation before the hearing’s date comes. To keep your loved one from prison , you must be aware of bail bonds and why you need bail bonds Redding agents for posting the bail.

Bail bonds agents act as an intermediary party between the defendant and the court to help you get out of jail when you can’t afford to pay the bail amount set by the court. In this blog, we’ll learn all the important things you must know about bail bonds.

Know what is bail bond

A bail is the money that is paid to the court in order for a defendant to be released from jail until the trail date comes. The amount to be paid to the court is set by the court depending on the type of crime committed. Since the bail amount is usually very expensive for a defendant to pay. Paying for bail becomes unaffordable for a defendant. That’s where bail bonds agents come to help and assist you in posting a bail by providing financial help.

A bail bond is an agreement between the defendant and court. Bail bond is a surety bond that a bail bonds agent posts for getting a defendant out of jail as he awaits the court hearing. The money that is paid to the court is returned once the defendant shows up to all of the scheduled court dates and the case is closed.

Bail bonds help you get out of jail affordably

Hiring a Bail Bonds Weaverville agent is a good decision when applying for a bail bond. Because of hefty bail charges, people hire bail bonds agents. They will provide you the money you need to post a bail. For posting a bail, you are required to pay 10% of the bail amount, and the rest 90% will be used as a collateral from the possessions you own. So, there is no need to worry about the money you require.

Violating the bail bond has its repercussions

A surety bond or a bail bond is an agreement which if violated by you or the bond conditions are not followed has dire repercussions. If the defendant fails to appear for the court hearings or even misses one trial date, the defendant will be arrested and will not be entitled to post any further bail applications. All the bail amount will be forfeited and the 90% of the bail amount will be covered from the property or other valuable possessions submitted as a collateral. The agent will recover this amount from your collateral property.

But if the defendant has shown up to all the trials, the money will be returned once the trial is finished.

The 10-20% of bail amount paid by you is non-refundable

The 10% of bail amount you will pay to the bail bonds Red Bluff agent will be taken as an agent’s fees when the case is closed. This amount is non-refundable.

Putting up collateral is important in bail bond

Collateral is submitted to bail bonds agents to recover the financial losses if the defendant violates the bond conditions. So, if you are posting a bail through an agent, you need to have collateral to submit.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply