In the initial days of a business, when the field operations are not properly streamlined, it is acceptable to bear extra costs related to field operations. Such expenses are often considered as a necessary investment for the future expansion of the business. But as the business expands, the field team grows, the need for facilities like inventory, transportation, etc. increases, even the operational costs increase considerably. Thus, it is essential that field operations and processes must get streamlined, to reduce the field operational costs. Is your business at that phase when you are looking for more effective ways to reduce your operational costs? Then you must consider using a Field service scheduling software.
Field Scheduling Software is not Just for Large Scale Businesses.
There is a notion that these kinds of software suites are required for medium to large businesses only. However, even small businesses with a smaller team of field staff must take advantage of these kinds of software suite because:
1. Scheduling software is a scalable solution, so it will effectively function even when your team will grow
2. The features of the software are not just limited to job scheduling, it has much-added functionalities to support your field operations
3. It is a cost-effective and high-end tool to handle the field workforce. It saves time, reduces dependency on too many resources, brings in transparency in the system.
How field service scheduling software reduces operational costs?
Let us make a list of the expenses that you are knowingly or unknowingly bearing might be because your field operations are not as streamlined as they can be.
1. Workforce management
4. Customer management
5. Data management
A field service scheduling software has many integrated features to automate certain key operational jobs related to the factors mentioned above, for instance:
1. The field scheduling software helps in workforce management by letting the manager get real-time visibility of each field agent, like what is their current job status, when they are likely to finish it, their current location, their skill sets, and days of availability. Being handy with these data, the manager, can more effectively assign the jobs by picking the right technician. Also, the software facilitates the equal distribution of work, automation in scheduling, and also sends automated reminders and notifications to the field technicians.
2. Expenses related to travel can be controlled with the aid of the software as it functions as a route planner and optimizes multiple destination routes. Thus, the field technicians can commute from one place to another using the shortest and less jam-packed routes. This saves travel time and also fuel expenses.
3. Effectively managing knowledge, data and inventory are imperative for enhancing the first-visit effectiveness of the technicians. A service scheduling software provides the field agents real-time accessibility to organizational data like inventory records, customer service history, troubleshooting tutorials and case references, service or product quotes, etc. So, the field agent is not dependent on anyone in the back office to provide him with requisite data. He can record, upload, and download data even while on the go. This cut down the need for middlemen like typist or telecaller, and thus reduces the cost
Field service scheduling software is all about enhancing convenience with the aid of technology and reducing the risk of error.