If you are interested in visual communication and looking for a course then the bachelor’s course is a good option. The course in visual communication imparts knowledge and training in the different areas of graphic designing and photography and more. The candidates completing this course can find many career options.
Visual communication deals with design and information development and how the media communicates with the people. To make a career in this field you can enroll for a course – Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication. The course is a four-year full-time course. The candidates completing this course qualify for higher education in India.
The course helps to enhance the candidates designing skills and teaches how technology can be used in designing. The candidates are taught creative designing and think like a visualizer.
The B. Des. Visual Communication teaches creative and technical subjects.
The course details are as follows:
- The course offers superior education in design. The course teaches competitive skills required in visual communication design, integrating media with design and conceptual development.
- The course covers graphic design, animation, photography, website design, advertising and more.
- The course also teaches strategic thinking in design and marketing, market research, creativity and problem solving.
- The course begins with the basic courses where the candidates are taught to build the foundation for creating designs that are appealing and functional.
- The curriculum covers applied research, experiential learning, individual projects, group projects, fundamental skills, personal development, soft skills and more.
- The candidates can specialize in a particular area like graphic and interactive design.
The course has tie-ups with the best universities internationally and in India. The candidates have the option to transfer the course to these international partners and study abroad. The candidates can pursue higher education, find placements and permanent residency in these countries.
The eligibility for the course is 10 + 2 in any discipline or equivalent education program recognized by the university.
The candidates can find placement in the industry as creative designer, graphic designer, magazine designer, exhibition designer, package designer, digital artist and more.
Training offered in the B. Des. Visual Communication course
The course offers the following training:
- The candidates are trained in hand skills like drawing, sketching, illustration and more. The candidates are also trained in software and hardware design tools.
- The candidates are given thorough understanding in design. The course begins with the fundamentals of design and covers the latest knowledge in design.
- The candidates are taught to develop a personal philosophy of design, understand the sources of design and understand the history of art and design.
The author likes to write about the various courses in design and media. Currently the author has discussed the B. Des. Visual Communication. For information about the course visit itm.edu.