Nowadays, even obscure flooring the form will have a large market behind it mainly because of its unique qualities. People are genuinely looking for options with unique characteristics just to make their floors a bit different from the bandwagon. One such option, which is in demand nowadays is epoxy flooring. This form of flooring is a perfect combination of two major materials, which are resin component and a hardener. Here, the subsequent material will be hard plastic, known for its high-end durability and resistance to any deterioration.
Here, you will come across multiple types of such floors, which need different installation procedures. Each one has its own qualities to look for.
The coating preparation:
Any form of epoxy flooring comes with a coating, which is clean and a bit porous for remaining fixed properly. Epoxy might not end up bonding well to polished or sealed concrete much. Here, the concrete needs to be cured fully.
- Before you apply any form of coating to the epoxy floor, it is vital to patch and then repair all the necessary chips and cracks in the concrete area. You better remove unwanted grease from the surface too.
- In case the concrete you are dealing with is old, then remember to test surface for some existing epoxy layers. For testing out the sealant, try pouring a bit of water onto the floor. If it gets soaked right in, then you are good to go. If not, then the floor has been sealed already and not suitable for epoxy coats on top.
- Before the application process starts, ensure that the temperature remains suitable. Try following the manufacturer’s recommendations. Any of the unfavorable temperatures might cause it to peel and bubble.
- Epoxy remains as a two-part liquid that you have to mix beforehand. When proficiently mixed up, you have very little time to apply it on the epoxy flooring, before it all starts hardening.
Some characteristics to watch out:
Before you head toward epoxy flooring, there are some characteristics that you might cherish to learn about. These floors are preferable to be used for industrial sector mainly because of the durability, chemical resistance, stronger bond strength, and low porosity.
- An epoxy the coating consists of curing and a base agent, which need to be mixed at a proper ratio. The chemical reactions will generate hard and enduring the material into inert plastic.
- These coatings, however, will turn yellow or even chalk out a bit if exposed to UV light for a long time. Yellowing can prove to be a bit problematic for some applications.
- As a common practice, epoxies are mainly coated with urethanes, latex, or even poly aspartic, which help in retaining the attractive gloss and color of the epoxy flooring for a long time.
The coating advantages to watch out for:
With more people heading toward flooring with epoxy coating on top, there must be some reasons for that. To learn about that, check out the advantages first.
- Your floor gets a shiny makeover with the help of epoxy coating, which increases the current interior areas’ brightness.
- Moreover, such options are easier and quicker to install without any need of added the layout of cutting some of the additional adhesives.
- The floors are easy to clean, durable, and quite ideal for industrial applications.
- People aim for such floors because these options help in resisting water and oil stains well.
The best buy:
The next time you are looking for the best flooring option, especially to cover the industrial sector, you can always try epoxy flooring. The results will remain awesome and create for you a shine on your floor that you will cherish for long.