Powder coating is a process in which it is perform by spraying free0flowing dry powder on metals and metallic parts. Then the parts are passing through an oven and the powder is treating with heat to create a skin like layer on the metals. It is completely different than the traditional way of wet paint process. In that process, there is no utilization of solvent which act as binder for the parts and the coating and though it suspends it in liquid form. Unlike this the powder is electrostatically charged and generally implied using a spray gun.
Enhance pipe longevity with fusion bonded epoxy internal pipe coating. Prevent corrosion and ensure optimal flow. Explore advanced coating solutions today!
Advantages of Powder Coating:
- The powder which is used in this process, do not emit any kind of VOC (volatile organic compound) material, which makes it a better option as it takes care of the atmosphere as well as health of the end user.
- This coating can be applied in much thick portion as compared to the traditional coating that too without the running or sagging effect.
- If even the cartridge booth is utilized the overspray can be reuse.
- It allows the user to have 100% use of the coating.
- The cost invested in buying the powder coating machine and material to do the coating process is less than the capital investing in the traditional coating procedure.
- It is more versatile and allows to have more effects as compare to liquid coating.
Tips to perform metallic powder spray:
As the metallic powder is created using the materials like pure finely grounded aluminum or bronze or mica particles. You are using a powder spray which is a mixture of both the fine aluminum powder and plastic powder. As there is different type of spray guns accessible than the metallic particles may orient themselves as per the gun. The final orientation of the aluminum particles will help to determine the finishing of powder coating. Some tips are:
- Lower Dosing air, as much as you can to attain a smooth soft flow.
- Prefer the use of dipstick or gravity cup, because it make the fluidization air flow avoid disturbing the orientation of the particles.
- Have at least of 8 inch of difference in between the object and the spray gun
- Try out different available nozzle especially the soft flow nozzles.
- Make sure that as soon as you powder spray the object, you should put the metal straight into the oven with a temperature of 200 degree Celsius. If by any chance the oven will be at room temperature, the coating will flow at 150degress and disturb the texture and smooth finish.
Powder coating is the rising technology in industries. Many companies have already switched from liquid pain coating to powder coating for safety, cost-effectiveness and better performance. You can contact any firm for powder coating booths service and get the coating done on your parts to get it free from external damage.