First, off all let’s get a clear view of what is bond cleaning ?
A bond clean also known as the end of lease cleaning is a comprehensive cleaning of your rented property. The purpose of this is to restore the property to the original state as it was found when you moved in. If the cleaning is not up to the mark or if the property is damaged in any way then the landlord may lodge a claim against the bond.
At the end of the tenancy period, the landlord performs a final inspection of the property, if everything is in order, the landlord will return the bond amount completely or partially depending on the quality of cleaning.
Now let’s see, what is a commercial cleaning?
Commercial cleaning is a specially tailored cleaning process performed in commercial buildings. These are mostly done by professionals. Usually, these cleaning processes are done on a regular basis-day-to-day, weekly, or monthly. These are done in restaurants, Bond Cleaning stores, or hotels. There are various tasks that commercial cleaners need to take care of to help keep businesses stay clean. Heavy-duty cleaning equipment and industrial-strength cleaning products are used for commercial cleaning.
How does bond cleaning differ from commercial cleaning?
- Purpose: One of the major differences in the type and nature of service. If you are living in a rented apartment it is important to clean your rooms, furniture and floor tidy and germ-free so that you are not burdened during the end of the lease cleaning process.
- Since it only includes cleaning tasks such as washing floors, vacuuming carpets, and removing debris it requires much less effort. In fact, you can clean it by yourself with the proper cleaning tools.
- On the other hand, commercial cleaning requires great expertise, time, and money. A clean and bacteria-free environment is good for the business, it helps to grow a healthy relationship with the clients as well as the employees. Large specialised cleaning equipment and a highly trained cleaning team are required for the job.
- While residential bond cleaning involves activities like removing stains, stubborn grime, moulds, sanitising washrooms, and disinfecting kitchens. Commercial cleaning is all about removing hazardous wastes, managing the workstations, and disinfecting the pantries and washroom, all of these activities require heavy-duty cleaning.
- Space: The amount of space required to be cleaned in the case of a residential building is much less as compared to a commercial building. Since a residential building consists of a few bedrooms, bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room, it is easy to know the places that require deep cleaning.
- Whereas organising a commercial space can be intimidating and time-consuming. Organising a spacious office building or a business unit requires expertise.
- Cleaning process: Residential cleaning includes sweeping, mopping, dusting furniture, removing cobwebs, carpet vacuuming.
- Whereas the commercial cleaning process is slightly different startling from wiping down desks to computers to sanitising bathrooms. You have to ensure that every corner of the business area is cleaned and organised systematically.
Conclusively, the techniques and technologies in the two are slightly different. Though both these cleaning techniques are to ensure a healthy environment, bond cleaning and commercial cleaning differ when it comes to nature, the scope of services, and expected outcomes.