You love your pets and you love your expensive carpet as well. So, you need both of them and can’t get rid of anyone. Chances are high that even after going through series of potty training, your dog can pee on your favourite carpet at least once in a month or two. You have no other option but to call experts for carpet cleaning, otherwise, the smell will become unbearable within a short notice. Pet urine stains are hard to remove through simple vacuuming and carpet cleaning. You need experts and their well-trained carpet cleaning methods for help.
Want to know more about carpet cleaning Springvale which will remove pet urine stains? If so, then read along.
The basic mix of water and vinegar:
Dog urine has a strong odour, which will start to deepen with passing time. Carpet absorbs liquid fast and the same goes with dog urine. If left unattended, this liquid can give rise to bacteria formation, finally damaging the hygiene. To avoid that, follow some basic steps.
- Soak the urine area using paper towels or a cotton cloth. Press that firmly into the stain using an old shoe or anything disposable.
- Then use a mixture of water and vinegar at a 50% ratio each in a bowl. The mixture needs to be enough to get absorbed into carpet’s fibres deep down.
- Next, pour this solution onto the urine stain. Now use one scrubbing brush and scrub the area vigorously. Vinegar helps in neutralizing the ammonia in urine.
- Now, blot the urine stain with a paper towel by pressing it firmly on the affected area. When that section dries up, take two handfuls of baking soda and sprinkle it on the stain. Once the area dries up, vacuum it well.
The use of dish soap:
You don’t always have to spend a hefty amount of money to purchase chemicals from store to remove urine stain from carpets. You can use some of your household items, like dish soap. Not just for removing pet urine, but dish soap is one generic item used as a significant part of carpet cleaning Dandenong now.
- Here, you have to mix half teaspoon of dish soap with around 1 cup of warm water. Make sure to stir this mixture thoroughly and that will make the water hazy.
- Now, it is time to pour this mixture directly onto the urine stain. The entire stain needs to get covered with this said mixture. Now, you have to soak the affected area with this said mixture.
- Next, use a paper towel to blot that stained area. Try to soak as much liquid as you can with the help of a paper towel. Now, you should vacuum the area if you find it hard to remove excess liquid from the same mixture.
Commercial items are easily available:
If you think that the homemade mixtures are doing nothing to remove the bad stench, you can purchase commercial dog urine stain remover at the store. These commercial products comprise of built-in enzymes to eliminate urine odours and stains. You need to apply the stain remover directly on the urine mark onto the carpet. Check out for the items, which are specifically designed to be used on pet urine stains. Go for the removers where the main ingredients are all-natural or green.