Among the greatest ways for marketers and corporations to expand their brands and make more money is through social media. This, however, can only be done with the right tools. In this article, we will be talking about social media bots used with social media proxies.
A social media bot is technically a software program that performs repetitive or recurring operations on the internet (in this case, a social media platform). They are automated programs, partially or fully autonomous, designed to mimic human activity on a social media network.
Nowadays, social media bots are very common due to the benefits they offer to users. They can be used to automatically generate messages, act as followers, advocate ideas, and spread the popularity of the user.
What Are Social Media Bots Used For?
It is possible to automate and simplify repetitive tasks that are hard for a human to complete but still require to be performed. In this sense, social media bots are very useful, especially for social media marketing. An example would be the use of social media bots to facilitate sales and customer relations when a real person isn’t available.
- Create online fame and popularity. In social media marketing, the numbers matter a lot to both buyers and account managers. People are more likely to interact with accounts with more followers or likes compared to those with fewer followers. In social media, I call it the illusion of popularity, which attracts real users to follow your business and increases sales.
- 24/7 online presence. A human would find it hard to keep track of all messages and requests 24/7. Usually, users would be asked to fill out a form and wait to receive a reply later. This is where bots come in. You can use a chatbot to engage with customers from inquiries to closing sales to payments. This is very popular with messaging platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, and Viber.
- Automate notifications and analytics. Social media bots possess the capabilities to keep track of breaking news, ideas, and events. They can also be used to keep track of the interactions with the entire social community.
Proxies For Social Media Bots
Marketing and sales can be done on many different social media platforms on the internet today. This includes popular social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, LinkedIn, and more.
Three main types of proxies can be combined with social bots to achieve your set goals. These are residential, datacenter, and mobile proxies.
For social media marketing, residential proxies are the right choice. Residential proxies are real IPs that the proxy providers lease or purchase from ISPs or end-users. Hence, it is very difficult for the social media network to detect or block them.
Mobile proxies are most suitable for platforms like Instagram and other sites that deal mostly with mobile users. They offer higher levels of anonymity, speed, security and are therefore very reliable. The only downside with mobile proxies has to do with how expensive they are. The benefits derived from their use make them a worthwhile investment, notwithstanding the price tag.
Datacenter proxies are cheaper as compared to mobile and residential proxies. However, in terms of reliability, datacenters proxies are not the best. Datacenter proxies have IP addresses registered to organizations and are therefore easier to spot. This makes them bad for social media account management.
Why Use Proxies For Social Media Bots?
Internet marketing and social media have become increasingly dependent on proxies. To maintain the safety of their users, most social media networks have spent millions of dollars developing algorithms to spot and minimize social media bots. When it spots the bot, the social network will block the account, making it more difficult for the bot user.
This is where proxies come in. You can use social media proxies to prevent blocking to some extent. By using social media proxies, it becomes difficult for the social media network to spot bot activity, giving you more time to use your bot to accomplish your goals.
How To Avoid Blocking?
It is becoming increasingly difficult for users to operate social media bots without getting blocked or banned by most social media platforms. Fortunately, there are several ways and means you can keep your bot working for a long time without any hassle.
- Dedicate one proxy for each account. It is advisable to dedicate one proxy for each account when using your bot(when you have multiple accounts on the platform) to avoid suspicion and consequent blocking.
- Do not keep the bot always running. Keeping your bot active always can make your account suspicious and potentially lead to your account getting blocked.
- Avoid using new or fresh accounts. New accounts have higher tendencies of getting blocked, so it’s advisable to use bots on older accounts.
To excel in your quest to expand your brand on social media, you need to get your hands on the right tools to make your work easier and effective. Though social media bots can make your work easier and make your brand popular, social media platforms put in a lot of effort to shut down social media bots due to some bad practices that some users engage in using these bots.
Thus, it is best to buy bots from a very reliable source and pair them with high-quality social media proxies for complete anonymity and reliability. Choose your social media bot based on your use case and buy the right social media proxy to complement it.