Madras Medical College (MMC) is in Chennai which is the state capital of Tamil Nadu, India. Since the year 1985, this medical college has been engaged in developing and nourishing the students to be successful future doctors. This medical school has also gained the affiliation from the University of Madras.
After getting affiliated, this Madras Medical College started providing the best of the educational services in the field of medicine and health. This high-quality educational service has made this medical school be one of the most leading institutions. It is providing the educational services in the programs of undergraduate, or postgraduate as well as super-speciality courses.
Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria for Madras Medical College
Madras Medical College (MMC) has been offering the undergraduate programs of BPT, MBBS, B.Pharm, and BSC in nursing. It is also offering the programs of MS, MD, MSC in Nursing, and M.Pharm at the postgraduate level. You can also apply in this medical school to enrol yourself in the courses of PG Diploma and programs of DM and M.Ch over different disciplines.
Below are some of the basic eligibility requirements which you need to cover up at the time of applying to this medical college:
- For taking admission in MBBS, almost 85% of the seats have been reserved for the State Quota, and 15% of the seats have been all filled through the NEET-UG (All India Quota) score.
- For an MBBS under the All India Quota, the applicant must make an appearance in the NEET-UG Exam. In contrast, the students who have been applying through the State Quota will be selected based on the merit criteria.
- In the programs of MD, PG Diploma, and MS courses, there is a reservation of 50% which will be filled over the State Quota whereas the rest of the seats will be fulfilled over the NEET-PG (All India Quota) score.
- This medical college has been offering MD and MS Diploma in different specializations. If you are applying through the All India Quota or the State Quota, then you should have an MBBS degree from the university recognized by the MCI.
If you want to apply for the All India Quota in the NEET, then all the candidates should appear in the online counselling for the NEET which is conducted by MCC. For taking admission through the State Quota, the applicants need to appear for the 10th & 12th examination from their state.
Plus, they should also be having a valid proof address along with the state domicile. All the admissions over the side of All India Quota will be governed through the Director-General of Health Sciences, New Delhi.
- To apply for MD, MBBS, MS & PG Diploma, you have to fill the application form which is available online. INR 500 is the application processing fee. Attach all the required documents and submit them back to the application form.
- If you want to apply in the programs of BSC nursing, BPT, and B. Pharmacy, you have to download your application form by visiting the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai. It is available online. INR 500 is the application processing fee. Attach all the required documents and submit them back to the application form.
Understanding the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET):
All those applicants who will be appearing in the NEET examinations they will be shortlisted based on certain criteria mentioned below:
- Age Restriction
As the academic qualification has been concerned, the student needs to pass the class XII qualifying exam. This is mandatory for the students who are appearing in the Class XII qualifying exam. Students should have the subjects of Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Biotechnology in their XII.
All applicants are required to obtain the aggregate marks in their qualifying examinations. The limitation of the aggregate marks is discussed below:
- 50% marks in the General Category
- 40% marks in the ST/SC category
- 45$ marks in the physically handicapped category
- 40% marks in the OBC/ST/SC Physically Handicapped Category
All the candidates who are applying for Madras Medical College have to submit and fill their application form through the online procedure. This condition is applied for the students at the level of nationality, Nonresidential Indians, Indian nationals, Overseas Indian citizens, foreign nationals, or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO). You have to add all your personal and educational details in the form along with the attachments of the educational documents which are asked for.
What is the Examination Pattern?
The whole process of the examination will be conducted over the offline mode through pen and paper use. Its time duration will be almost 3 hours, and it will be taken at different centres across India. A total of 180 MCQs type questions will be asked.
The question paper will be delivered in different languages such as Tamil, Bengali, English, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujarati. 45 questions with a score of 180 marks will be given away, which are based on the subjects of Chemistry, Botany, Physics, and Zoology.
How can you apply?
For filling the NEET application form, an identity card is important. For all the applicants who are NRI or foreigners, they should have a valid passport ID. All the candidates who are applying for Madras Medical College have to submit and fill their application form through the online procedure.
Applicants can also avail of the registration form of NEET through online mode. You have to add all your personal and educational details in the form along with the attachments of the educational documents which are asked for.
World’s Most Famous Medical Lectures – Dr Najeeb
Dr Najeeb is known to be one of the most top leading and famous medical specialists who is an internet-based teacher at a worldwide level. All the medical students should take help from his online videos and lectures to acquire the best knowledge over medical studies. His website is based on more than 700 medical videos which are based on the subjects of dentistry, genetics, anatomy, pharmacy, nursing, biochemistry, embryology, and so many more.