Top features to look out for when you are scouting for the best Indian primary schools in Dubai
A magnificent city for Education, Dubai has an array of Indian schools. The schools very efficiently cater to the needs of the Indian students who have settled in Dubai.
Most parents move from India and settle abroad. Such parents look for a good school for their child. So this blog will give you an idea of how to select the Best Indian Schools in Dubai. But before that, let’s look into the question of why Indian school is the best fit for your child.
Why choose the Indian School curriculum?
Indian curriculum schools both in India and overseas provide a supportive environment for the students to grow. It offers a broad range of subjects like Business Studies, Indian languages, Maths, English, Sciences, Information technology, and arts. Moreover, an Indian school builds the core values of culture and integrity among the students. As a result, the Indian curriculum has become very popular even in Dubai and that is why parents prefer Indian schools over other schools.
Features of the Best Indian Schools in Dubai:
- Fees – The fee of the school is an important aspect and therefore you must understand how the fee structure works in Dubai. The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) creates a framework of school fees based on school surveys and annual inspections in the area. The educational cost Index is a factor that determines the extent to which the schools can increase the fees. Schools that perform well in inspections and surveys are given the liberty to increase the fees to an extent. Besides this, you need to check the breakdown of the fee structure. Some schools include the costing of books and uniforms within the fees. So as per your capacity, you can shortlist some of the best Indian schools in Dubai.
- 21st Century Education – A school is said to be good if it prepares the student for the present time as well as the immediate future. So choose a school that teaches students the latest and trending skills of the 21st century to help them become global citizens and prepare for future challenges. They should teach soft skills to students such as problem-solving, creative thinking, and collaboration. Another feature of the 21st-century education system is technology-based education and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) which helps to build a technology-driven society.
- Accreditation and Awards – Awards and accreditation are not just based on word of mouth but it is also based on the rigorous standards set by government organizations. These are the proofs that the particular school that received the award is above the set standard. Thus your child will get the best quality education and facilities in such schools.
- Extracurricular activities – Learning is not limited to the four walls of the classroom. Extracurricular activities are equally important. Sports inspire the students to hone the skills of leadership, communication, and decision-making. Robotics and programming are some of the skills that cannot be covered within the classroom. These skills widen the vision of the students and they can pursue untapped career opportunities. It helps them escape the fierce competition and build a unique space for themselves.
- Facilities and campus – A spacious campus is not meant to show-off. It is necessary for the full-fledged growth of the students. A good school should have different labs delegated for different activities. Apart from sports, various other activities are promoted like public speaking, learning new languages, and digital designs. The students then develop an interest in one or the other thing thus opening their ways to new career opportunities.
- Tap into parents’ networks – Word of mouth matters more than the online results. So get in touch with other parents and ask them about the school. Getting a recommendation from parents is one of the apt ways to explore the best Indian schools in Dubai. You can also check google reviews of the schools and compare the schools easily.
- Research the school background – Do proper research and try to find out the school background. Some parents prefer a high-profile school with many branches with proven track records but others prefer a school of nonprofit origin with strong values. So when you read about a particular school, you will get an idea if it is matching your expectations. Research is the key element in your way towards selecting the best primary school in Dubai
- Don’t feel pressured – This is one of the most important things that you need to consider. If you stress yourself too much you will feel overwhelmed and coming to a conclusion would be very difficult. So don’t overthink and don’t over plan. Don’t try to figure out the complete ladder of your child’s future in one go. Simply work on the basic things and choose a school that is best for him at this stage. Gradually with the right guidance, he is going to make his way. You never know, maybe you are selecting a school that is good in academics but later on, he might want to become a dancer. So, do your best and be assured that whatever you have done is for the best outcome for your child. In this way, you will feel less pressure and it won’t lead to decision fatigue.
Look for all these factors but make sure you trust your instinct. Yes, it may be very confusing for you right now but do thorough research and make a wise decision for your child. This is the budding stage of your child so you must choose a primary school in Dubai that makes your child prepared for the future.