In this fast paced world with global changes happening around parenting has become big challenge for modern parents.
Being one of the Best Schools in Noida, we believe that all of us want to be the best parents for our children for whom it is imperative, to strike a balance between our priorities and responsibilities and between the needs of our children other family members and ourselves.
Modern parents have a lot of information available at the click of a button, but it is difficult to understand whom or what to trust. Yet one thing is certain that the level of parental involvement and supervision has increased. Best international schools are doing a wonderful job by taking the initiatives of counselling the parents. You can also check this parenting guide book for more tips on parenting.
Every parent and every child is different and so are the parenting truths and parenting trends. In reality, there is no one right way of parenting your child, but some parents feel that they are failing if they don’t stick to the parenting plan, they have chosen for their child.
So here we have a few tips to effectively nurture and guide your child without overdoing things. Modern Moms and Dads can pick from various parenting styles and even mix and match to meet their family needs.
- Award your child with a reasonable reward for their accomplishments. Encouragement goes a long way to motivate them to embrace a positive competitive spirit.
- Engage in a healthy conversation with your child. It is important for your child to realize that their parents listen to them and understand them. Allow them to openly discuss their thoughts. Even if you disagree with your child, put your point across in a positive way.
- Develop a set of family values and beliefs to enable your child to distinguish between right and wrong. When the children grow up and socialize with others, it is common to see them getting influenced easily.
- Assign your children personal responsibility of doing their work from an early age. For instance, parents may ensure that they keep their things back at place after use, tidy up their room, perform small tasks assigned to them.
- Do not make your job difficult by comparing your child with siblings/ other children. Accept your child for who he/she is having respect for his/her individuality.
Mistakes are a necessary part of life and it is okay to make mistakes while doing your best to become a good parent.
Parenting is not a child’s play as each child is unique it is a continuous learning process for the parents who need to understand that their children need their time, love, care and support to come into their own. Parents can ensure that the children get best out of life by developing them into good human, nurturing their talents, encouraging them to face challenges and fostering in them a sense of responsibility and taking pride in their individuality. Being one of the Schools in Noida Extension, we understand the value of good parenting for which we organize parental engagement sessions time to time.
Leave a Reply