Since this is a digital age; it is crucial to know about these 5 important facts regarding digital life.
- Kids are the innovators. It is all about integrating with other students, participating, making music, music, videos, and images and posting written topics. Students must be capable to know whether content is reliable or not.
- Everything done transparently in front of huge, invisible and sometimes unfamiliar audience.
- If once anything disclosed, it does not move away as digital footprint available.
- Data cannot be controlled. Anything can be copied, modified and shared immediately.
- Range and anonymity distinguish works and consequences. Kids think that they can escape by unfair or unscrupulous behavior as there are no instant consequences.
This generation uses media distinctly
We may think of children’s online, smart phones and technological acts as “computer life” But to them only it is life. Their world is as much about creating media as it is about adopting it. Electronic devices have become connected as well as highly robust and convenient. Today, phones are not just for calling, but children use them for listening music, sending messages, viewing videos, sharing photos and having internet. Children can use computer or laptops for study, but they are more used for watching movies and videos, listening songs and many these distracting tasks. Moreover, they chat with their friends 24/7 from any place.
What is at support?
Using digital devices, we want our children to get an ability to make proper decisions so they can acquire advantage of the effective technology that benefits their lives. As to make the right decisions, kids must be aware of how the digital world works. The prime nature of their constantly connected culture means children must understand the approach of privacy so that what they stake and make do not distressed or embarrass them at any forthcoming stage. The fact that much of digital integration can be unidentified means that results can be distinct from acts which can cause to heedless and rude behaviour. Most of the childhood tasks are regarding finding out your identity while on digital media anything posted can create unacceptable results.
The supports are great because children’s technical abilities can enhance their maturity and perception. Unbounded acquirement of information and people can mean not suitable age contacts and contents mean it can enhance your experience and knowledge. The basic difference between a great experience and doubtful one stays in the decision what kids do. Same as kids learn to swim, or drive any vehicle; they should learn how to live in digital world regard fully and responsibly. Their eventual success is based on their ability to use digital media to create, integrate and collaborate with others. Those really know how to use digital devices, can utilize their outstanding power.
Suggestions to parents in a digital world
- Educate students the skills which they need to use technology adequately and right way- It is difficult to monitor in a digital world without any barrier. Parents have lost control of the flow of information to their kids who see too much. We formerly here discussions or see what the children create and share with others. As we cannot close their eyes or keep an eye on them every time, we need to teach them how to use the digital device wisely and behave responsibly.
- Support them self- esteem before they self-approve- This does not emerge naturally to children and definitely not in the world where anyone can be a rock star on YouTube.
- Simplify them crucial facts of how the digital world works- They know delete and paste, but wait until it happens to them
- Be an open-minded- We do not see the world as kids see them. We cannot assist them when we evaluate their lives with the eyes of non-digital world. It is crucial for us to understand that our children spend their lives in an integrated world where everyone involve in communication and innovation.
- Be assured- It is not possible for parents to be technophobic while children adopt new technologies in a short time. That means they are more advanced than us which disturbs the parent-child relationship. So, be attached and your child explains you if you do not know anything.
- Share intelligence- Students do not know the results of their acts. So, it is parents’ responsibility to share their basic understanding with parents. We should teach them to talk with others politely, respect their teachers and many others.
- Go with your ethics- one of the most prime responsibility of parents to teach them the values we cherish. Especially in this digital world where people do not communicate directly, but through devices, it is important for children to know the future implications of their acts. That is why, parents should teach them basic principles and values of life.
- Attempt to balance- It is a confusing matter how much freedom should be allowed to the children. Definitely, all parents wish that their kids are growing-up with numerous achievements. While your kids are going to deal with digital media, we explain them negativity of it and privacy with protection. Kids must aware of how to be safe and responsible in using digital tool.
As from above, our children need to review both the probabilities and perils so they can act responsibly towards the world.
ORATARO apps help the parents to be aware of the latest technology and seek balance for their kids.