The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra conducts MHT CET 2020 which is scheduled to be held between April 13 to 17 (excluding 14) and from April 20 to 23. This exam is conducted to grant admission to the eligible students in different undergraduate engineering programs that are offered by almost 342 institutes across the state of Maharashtra.
The candidates appearing for MHT CET 2020 must stay informed about the latest exam pattern and syllabus of the entrance test so that they can crack with the flying colours. It’s the time the applicants must pull up their socks and get involved in serious studies so that they can get enough time to revise the syllabus as well before the exams. Read on to get some of the useful preparation tips that will prove to be a turning point for the students preparing for the MHT CET 2020 exam.
MHT CET 2020 Dates
Check out the following MHT CET 2020 dates to boost up your entrance preparation.
|Online registration & confirmation with late fee||March 7, 2020|
|Issuing of MHT CET admit card||April 5, 2020|
|MHT CET 2020 exam||April 13 to 18, 2020 (excluding April 14, 2020)
April 20 to 23, 2020
How to Prepare for MHT CET 2020?
Every candidate giving MHT CET 2020 exam must follow a strategy so that they can score high in the exam. Before starting studying, the candidates must know the latest exam pattern. Knowing the exam pattern will allow the candidates to have a detailed overview of the question paper and the types of questions that will be asked in the exam.
- Mode of examination: Computer-based
- Total number of papers: Two papers including Paper I – Mathematics and Paper II- Physics & Chemistry
- Duration: 90 Minutes for each Paper
- Questions: Objective type questions will be asked
- Total Questions in Paper I and Paper II: Paper I – Mathematics – 50 Questions; Paper II- Physics & Chemistry– 100 Questions (50 each)
- Total Marks: 100 Marks for each paper
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer in both the papers while there will be no negative marking in the exam.
The below-mentioned tips will help the students in cracking MHT CET 2020; they must consider the tips so that securing good marks in the exam can become easy.
- Know the Exam Pattern and latest syllabus– The candidates giving the exam must know the exam pattern start studying according to the latest MHT CET 2020 exam pattern. The syllabus of this test mostly comes from the topics covered in class 11th & 12th which makes it easier for the candidates as they have to study those topics that were covered during their schooling.
- Follow a Time Table– Once the candidates are completely aware of the syllabus of MHT CET 2020, after that they must study according to the time table. It is advised to divide the available preparation in a way that the candidates can spend equal time on all the subjects.
- Study Material– Selection of the right books and study material is much important while starting with the preparations. It is advised that the candidates prepare using the NCERT books and also refer to other books once they are have completed studying through the NCERT books.
- Time for Revision– The candidates must spend adequate time on revising the course concepts since the syllabus is huge so you must complete revising it within the time. The candidates need to revise all the topics at least once before the exam.
- Practice more sample papers – Once the candidates have completed preparing for MHT CET 2020 exam through NCERT and other books, it becomes important to practice more question papers as well. Since the sample papers & mock tests are made as per the latest pattern of the exam so the candidates solving sample papers can have better analyses of the performance.
- Focus on weaker areas- Most of the time, the candidates try to focus more on their stronger areas so that they can score high marks in the exams, but in addition to focusing on stronger areas, they must give equal importance on their weaker topics as well.
- Take useful tips from toppers- Since everyone wants to study by following a preparation strategy and for the same they can refer to the strategies adopted by the toppers so that they can incorporate the same for them. Also, this way they can get the proper assistance that can eventually prove to be very beneficial for them in the future.
The difficulty level of the exam is almost similar to JEE Main and the candidates who have adopted a good preparation strategy can easily crack the exam. Revising the course regularly will help the students to prepare well for any exam.
MHT CET 2020 Important Topics
Though all the topics are important and hold a special place in the MHT CET 2020 exam, still we have tried to compile some of the topics that are important and can be asked in the exam as well.
- Wave Motion
- Electrons and Photons
- Interference and Diffraction
- Redox Reactions
- Nature of Chemical Bond
- p-Block elements Group 15 elements
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- Wave Motion
- Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics
- Coordination Compounds
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Trigonometric Functions
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
Scoring good marks in MHT CET 2020 is not that difficult, especially in case the students have prepared a strong exam strategy that can open the gates to get admission in renowned colleges of their choice. The above-mentioned tips will help the candidates to score well in MHT CET 2020, so stay focused and start studying in a more dedicated way. Best of luck for your exams!!
Author BIO: I’m Jaylin: SEO Expert of Leelija Web Solutions. I am a content manager, and the author of freeopenbook.com and a full time blogger. Favourite things include my camera, travelling, caring my fitness, food and my fashion. Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org