As it’s said, “To err is human,” people make mistakes, and human error is widespread when it comes to documentation. That does not mean that we cannot rectify them. Being an essential article of social value, the PAN card application has to be filled with great attention to prevent mistakes. Occasionally in spite of the safeguards taken, particular errors tend to happen.
What are the most common mistakes made?
One of the crucial elements for any form is the applicant’s signature. There are two spots where the applicant will be expected to sign – across the photo and in the area provided below. Signing anywhere outside of these two allocated areas can stem in an error which requires to be amended.
Signature in Blue Ink
Most of the Government identity applications need to be signed in black ink. Still, not many adhere to it and may utilize blue ink for their signature. It is necessary to follow the laws and sign just in black ink.
Usage of Initials
Several people have got initials in their names and use them while filling up the PAN card application form. The Income Tax Department, nonetheless, does not approve initials. Therefore it is advisable to utilize full names rather than initials.
Scanned copies of photographs
PAN card application also needs two passport-sized photos to be fastened in the form. People tend to affix scanned copies of their pictures, which is an error. Scanned images are not clear and make identification of the applicant, problematic. Therefore, only images of photos should be attached in the form.
How to make changes in the picture and signature in the PAN Card?
Here’s how to alter your picture and signature in the application:
- If you need to change your photograph or signature in the PAN card online, then you have to visit the official website of NSDL. After this, click on ‘Application Type’ choice and choose the ‘Changes or Correction in Existing PAN card’ selection from the drop-down menu.
- Additional to this, select the type and fill all the facts in the ‘Applicant Information’ group, comprising title, last name, first name, middle name, date of birth, email id, mobile number.
- After entering all the items correctly, choose the preference for ‘whether a citizen of India’ and enter the ten-digit PAN card number.
- Now, enter the captcha requirement and click on the submit switch. After this, your petition will be enrolled, and a token digit will be created and will be delivered to your email id that has been furnished in the PAN request.
- Enter other mandatory details such as Aadhaar/EID and additional information about the PAN Card correction form.
- Enter your details such as an address, contact details, etc. and Provide proof of identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth. After review, click on submit.
- Now you have to make a payment of ₹ 101 (including GST) for an Indian address and ₹ 1011 (including GST) international address. Save the application and print it out.
- Send it to NSDL’s address to ‘INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT along with mandatory documents.
- You will receive a 15-digit acknowledgment number that can be utilized to trace the stature of the petition.