Public speaking can be one of the things that make you most uncomfortable. You have every reason to be nervous about it. Also, there is hardly a thing called a perfect speech. So no matter how much you practice, there might be some glitches in your preparation. Yet, a little bit of right effort on your end can make you a more confident speaker.
Know the Audience: –
Even if you have a topic to speak about, it is imperative that you make it, short, interesting, and precise. Make sure that:
- You arrange your points in keeping with the age, background, and the socio-cultural basis of the audience that you are addressing to.
- Do not club too many points together.
- Add some examples to prove your point of whatever you are speaking about
- Add a few inspiring quotes, as well as elements of wits and humor, to make your presentation more intriguing.
- You can prepare some mock speeches and present them in front of friends or tutors. A number of dedicated institutions offering English speaking courses arrange for such mock sessions.
Your ‘Finishing Touch’ Matters
Sometimes, it is just not enough to have good content for your presentation. How confidently you deliver the speech. To gain positive response, you can:
- Improve your body language.
- Maintain eye contact with your audience off and on.
- Prepare a draft of your speech and ask some competent people for feedback. An enterprise offering English Speaking Course can assist you with a big deal in this regard.
- Take care that you have an engaging beginning, and a dynamic conclusion to the speech. No-one prefers a drab beginning like “today I will discuss…” and similar predictable beginning. So why not start with a few statistics or a fact? Also, try making an open end to your speech. This allows your audience to infer the discussion in their own way.
By following these activities, you will learn How to Speak English confidently and you will deliver a presentation with confidence with making an impact on your audience.