No matter which hair transplant technique you are using, the recovery phase holds a great significance. Let’s have a look at the recovery tips in detail.
A hair transplant is a major surgery and its recovery phase is as crucial as the procedure itself. Only getting a hair transplant surgery in Dubai is not enough. The real game starts after the procedure when the scalp skin heals and the results appear. Performing the surgery is a complex procedure but caring for the treated area also requires a lot of effort and determination. If you are willing to get a hair transplant then you should be determined to get successful results as well. The hair transplant surgeon provides a set of instructions that you need to follow after the surgery to ensure a smooth recovery.
In the same way, we have also enlisted some major recovery tips that will help you obtain the best results from the treatment. No matter which hair transplant technique you are using, the recovery phase holds a great significance.
Let’s have a look at the recovery tips in detail.
Tips for Smooth Recovery after Hair Transplant
Whether you are opting for FUE or FUT hair transplant in Dubai, the wound healing requires certain fundamental steps that should be followed soon after the surgery. In this section, you will find some effective recovery tips for hair transplant surgery.
- Keep the area moist: During the recovery phase, you should keep the treated area moist. Not too wet and not too dry. The surgeons normally give a kit after the surgery that contains soothing compresses which aid in healing.
- Try to minimize swelling: It is an important trick to ensure a smooth recovery. You can reduce swelling by sleeping at an angle of 45 degrees keeping your head elevated. You should adopt this practice for the first three nights after the surgery. Also, regularly take the prescribed anti-inflammatory or other pain medications. Swelling can be minimized with the help of cold packs or frozen peas as well.
- Do not Exercise: Exercise is strictly prohibited during the initial 24 hours after the surgery. Similarly, strenuous exercise during the first week after the surgery can cause pain in the scalp and swelling in the face.
- Continue feeding the transplanted follicles: You should apply minoxidil to the scalp to feed the follicles. It not only dilates the blood vessels but also increases the blood flow. As a result, the nutrient delivery to the hair follicles becomes smooth.
- Do not forget to take prescribed medicines: It is the most important tip for a quick recovery. The surgeons prescribe certain medications for possible discomfort post-surgery. Therefore, you should use them as advised. It will help you to deal with all the pain and swelling that is common to occur after the surgery.
- Massage Gently: Inflammation is also a common side-effect of hair transplant surgery. It is a natural way of the body to heal. You can gently massage the forehead and the area around the temples to reduce the swelling in these areas. A gentle massage 4-5 times a day will help you in quick recovery.
It takes almost one week to recover after a hair transplant. You can resume your daily life activities after one week. However, 2-3 weeks after the surgery, the transplanted hair start falling out which is a part of the recovery phase. It takes almost a year for new hair to grow completely. The success of results depends on how good you care for the treated area. Any negligence during the recovery can cause complications that can influence the final results. Therefore, pay heed to your surgeon’s instructions for the aftercare. If you experience any serious side-effects, consult with a hair transplant surgeon in Dubai as soon as possible.