- Obesity problems is all over the world. The World Health Organization reports that nearly 2 billion adults worldwide are obese or overweight.
- There are a lot of factors at play when talking about obesity but a lot of people don’t realize that it has side effects other than body composition problems – and these side effects could have serious repercussions on multiple aspects of your life.
- It is so important to know certain things about obesity.
- There are several causes of weight gain.
- You need to understand what you can do about obesity.
- Practice healthy ways to avoid obesity and to lose weight.
- Some types of diet may be effective for your lifestyle.
- Five side effects that obesity can produce that some people don’t know about
- Some supplements could help you lose weight and live healthier.
- Learn about the best practices to live a higher quality of life.
Talking About Obesity
One of the biggest problems surrounding obesity is that people tend to not want to acknowledge it. Sure, you see ads on TV and the internet about gyms and the latest diets; but many people don’t like to admit they have a problem with obesity problems.
This problem affects more people than you may think. That’s because there are so many causes of weight gain. You may have tried to cut one or two things out of your life and routine to lose weight to no avail.
Also, the reason for this could be because weight gain and weight loss are very complicated, multi-faceted subjects. Even the best weight loss pills fall short for so many people because oftentimes, it takes a multilateral approach to truly lose weight. Still, it is important to talk about obesity with your doctor or healthcare provider. They may be the most valuable resource in your fight against obesity.
The Impact of Obesity That Few People Know About
People tend to believe that obesity just means being heavy. Some people don’t care about what their body looks like, which can be dangerous. Not because you should care about what people think of you and how they perceive you but because obesity could have serious repercussions on your health and your body.
These things should be taken seriously because more health problems could arise from them. Here are five side effects of obesity that you may not know about:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia – One of the most shocking and detrimental side effects of obesity is severe cognitive degeneration. It has been observed in several clinical studies that people who are obese between the ages of 40 and 60 have developed Alzheimer’s or dementia later on in life. Furthermore, visceral fat (commonly called belly fat) has been confirmed to be detrimental to the brain because it can cause inflammation and insulin immunity.
- Joint and Bone Damage – Severe obesity could cause undue strain on the joints and bones. This can lead to several conditions such as herniated discs, chronic back pain, gout, osteoarthritis, and bone density loss.
- GERD – GERD stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease. It occurs when stomach acid leaks into the esophagus. The common symptoms of this condition include heartburn, cough, excessive belching, and even vomiting. Many studies have proven that obesity can significantly increase a person’s risk of developing GERD.
- Skin Conditions – Obesity can even affect your skin. When the skin is caused to stretch out due to an increase in body mass, the creases and folds (around the elbows, stomach, behind the knees, etc.) can begin to redden and rash.
- Sexual Dysfunction – According to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, obesity can put a person ten times more at risk of developing diabetes. Diabetes makes it difficult or impossible for the body to metabolize glucose and respond properly to insulin. And there have been definitive links between diabetes and sexual dysfunction, namely impotence in men. Diabetes can also cause several health problems, including kidney disease, stroke, blindness, and may even necessitate the need for amputation.
What Can Help?
Even the best weight loss pills can have side effects that are more dangerous than obesity. So what can help the obesity epidemic? Certain diets have been very successful for many people trying to lose weight.
One such diet is known as the body reset diet. With this kind of diet, you replace meals with nutrient-rich smoothies and drinks. The basic principle behind this kind of diet is to train your body to use energy more efficiently.
The body reset diet entails drinking smoothies to replace all your meals at first. Then, you slowly start to reincorporate solid foods into your diet. And as helpful as the body reset diet has been, many people need more help.
That’s where supplements can help. Weight loss supplements can complement your diet and exercise efforts so your body burns more fats. But which weight loss supplements are on the up and up and which ones should be avoided?
Several Phenocal reviews seem to suggest that it is a product that can work for many kinds of people. Phenocal is a multi-function weight loss supplement that includes ingredients intended to help suppress the appetite, boost metabolism, and provide more physical energy to the user.
Phenocal reviews written by actual customers seem to be generally positive, which makes it an interesting prospect if you are in fact, looking for a weight loss supplement to help you reach your target weight.
Final Thoughts on Obesity and Weight Loss
The importance of a healthy lifestyle cannot be overstated. Obesity can occur at any age, so it’s necessary to build healthy habits like eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, getting plenty of cardio exercises, and avoiding sugary foods right now.
Avoiding excessively stressful situations as much as possible may also help lessen the chances of developing obesity. So will limiting your alcohol intake. And remember that health supplements can be a powerful tool in your weight loss efforts. Stay aware of the side effects of obesity and remain healthy.