Most people experience muscle pain, especially in the legs and ankles after long walks or running. There may be one or more reasons for such pain and the most common reason for this pain is due to wearing the wrong pair of shoes.
This pain is also known as Soleus syndrome or Calcaneal apophysitis. This problem can be treated very easily by following some home remedies. The pain in the lower leg could be because of wearing shoes, which do not fit properly. Sometimes, people think that it’s too late to buy a new pair of shoes and start suffering from pain. In this case, it’s important to change them as soon as possible.
For some people, the pain is so excruciating that they cannot stand or walk just after getting up from bed or even after long hours of sleep. If you are also suffering from this problem then there is no need to worry because Soleus syndrome can be treated.
Causes of Calf Pain
Calf pain is caused by one or more reasons and most common of them are:
- Tight muscles of leg
- Inappropriate shoes
- Overweight or obesity
- Leg injury or fracture
This problem is not a serious condition, but if pain increases then you have to take some rest and wear comfortable shoes.
Wearing proper shoes with thick soles can be helpful in decreasing the pain, because it provides good support to leg muscles and helps to stop the rotation of the ankle. For this problem, wearing flat shoes is not recommended because it makes your muscles weak and they can cause more pain.
Best Shoes for Calf Pain
For treating Soleus syndrome, you should choose comfortable shoes that are soft in nature and help your feet to move freely. These shoes will provide good support to leg muscles and prevent them from pain.
Here are some types of shoes for this problem:
- Tennis Shoe- The first type of shoe is tennis, which has a soft sole and provides good support to the ankle part. These shoes also have a flexible sole that helps to move your ankle joints freely. In addition, these shoes will relieve you from pain and you can walk with comfort.
- Running Shoes- Running shoes are another good choice for you if you are suffering from Soleus syndrome or Calcaneal apophysitis. They have thick soles, which provide good support to the calf muscles and soft padding on the inside sole, which decreases pressure on your feet.
- Sandals- The third type of shoes are sandals, which are made up of soft leather or plastic. These are light in weight and have a high heel for giving more support to your legs. People who suffer from Soleus syndrome should wear flat shoes because they provide good support to ankles.
Tips On How To Treat Soleus Syndrome:
- You should avoid wearing shoes that do not fit properly and cause pain. This is the best way to reduce pain and also you will get relief from this problem by using proper shoes.
- Do exercise and wear comfortable shoes, because physical activities can increase your weight, which is one of the main causes of Soleus syndrome. So, it’s better to avoid extra workout or wearing proper shoes.
- Massage your legs with any good oil, which can help you to relieve pain and increase blood circulation in your legs. This will make your muscles relax because if calf muscles are tight then it can also cause pain in the ankles.
- Wrap ice in a towel and place it on your calves, which will decrease the pain and swelling. If you put ice, then it prevents blood vessels from constricting and stimulates them to dilate. This is very good for reducing large amounts of blood that accumulate in your legs and cause pain.
- You can also do some exercises or stretch your leg muscles because it can be helpful for Soleus syndrome. Stretching is also good because it increases the range of motion in lower extremities, which is important to do after having pain in your legs.
Therefore, Soleus syndrome is one of the common problems in calves and it can be treated by wearing correct shoes. You should use some natural remedies for relieving this problem because there are no serious symptoms of Soleus syndrome.
If you follow all these steps daily then you will get relief from pain within a week and also your calf muscles will become stronger. So, you should follow these tips for preventing this problem in the future because it can cause serious problems if not treated on time. Get the best shoes for calf pain and to add support to your feet.