Often underrated and ignored, sleep apnea is a serious medical condition that requires immediate attention. If not cured in time, it can lead to other more serious illnesses that can take a toll on your life. Sleep apnea machine and sleep apnea mask have been made to treat this problem. However, in order to begin the treatment well in time it is important to know the signs and symptoms of this problem. Likewise, in order to avoid the condition from developing, it is essential to know its causes. Being aware and acting responsibly to take charge of the situation is the key to leading a healthy and happy life. We are here to create more awareness about the lesser known medical condition termed, sleep apnea.
Here is a look at the symptoms and causes of sleep apnea:
Causes of Sleep Apnea
One of the major causes of sleep apnea is being overweight. A person who is overweight stands a high chance of developing several health problems. Sleep apnea is one of them. Now, while overweight and obese people stand a high chance of developing sleep apnea, the possibility of this condition cannot be overruled in those with slim or average built. Also, males have a higher possibility of developing this problem.
Sleep apnea has been categorised into three types. The causes of developing these differ to some extent and so does their severity. Here is a look at the different types of sleep apnea and their causes:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Here is a look at the factors that are likely to cause this condition:
- Being overweight is one of the main causes of obstructive sleep apnea. This is especially true for those who have excess fat deposits around their upper airway. This causes obstruction in breathing and can lead to sleep apnea.
- Narrow throat is another cause of obstructive sleep apnea. The condition may have been inherited or might have developed due to adenoids or tonsils.
- Thicker and larger necks may also lead to this problem as they tend to have greater number of soft tissues that can narrow down the airways.
- Nasal congestion may also be a cause of sleep apnea.
- The possibility of developing obstructive sleep apnea increases manifolds in those who smoke. This is because smoking augments inflammation. It also increases fluid retention in upper airway.
- Excessive use of alcohol and sedatives can also result in this condition
- Those with a family history of this type of sleep apnea stand a high chance of developing this problem.
- Central Sleep Apnea
Here is a look at the factors that cause central sleep apnea:
- Those suffering from cardiovascular problem have a high chance of developing central sleep apnea.
- Opioid medications may also cause this condition.
- Those who have suffered stroke also stand a risk of developing this type of sleep apnea.
- Complex Sleep Apnea
This condition occurs when a person has both obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
There are many symptoms that indicate towards sleep apnea. Here is a look at these:
- Snoring coupled with breathing pauses or gasping sounds is one of the main symptoms of sleep apnea.
- If you are feeling fatigued even after taking 7-8 hours of sleep it must not be ignored. If this is happening regularly, it may be a sign that you are suffering from sleep apnea.
- Morning headaches are common among sleep apnea patients.
- Many such patients also begin to feel insomniac.
- Nocturia, meaning the need to go to the washroom several times during night is also a sign of sleep apnea.
- Sleep apnea patients tend to suffer from memory loss
- These patients find it hard to maintain focus.
- Irritability and anger issues are often seen among these patients.
Blue Ocean Medtech has been providing quality products to help soothe and cure people suffering from the critical condition of sleep apnea. The company is located in Faridabad that forms a part of the National Capital Region. The cases of sleep apnea are especially on a rise in the capital of the country. If you are looking for sleep apnea treatment in Delhi then you must look no further. Just visit Blue Ocean Medtech and get started with the treatment. The organization boasts of a team of experts who will help diagnose the severity of the problem and provide appropriate cure for the same. Besides, their high quality equipments such as sleep apnea mask and CPAP machine will help you take charge of the situation even when the doctors are not around.
Leave a Reply