In a purely meditative state, chances are in your life you have unknowingly experienced moments. You found yourself outside in nature this is where the odds lie. With a deeper more real aspect of ourselves which often comes alive in the natural environment, in nature we more easily find resonance.
Depending on what an individual’s intention is while performing a chosen meditation, the whole concept of meditation takes on various identities. Some may want to find the answers or directions for a better life while the others may want physical or mental relief. The choices are clearly individualized in either ways.
Since this goes a long way in helping you along the path aided with a unique, personalized purpose, find yours. There are some simple rules that you need to break-free from and start out your meditation that will bring a lot of benefits to both your mental and physical health:
1) Break away from distractions. The outside electrical/technological intrusions like phones, computers, TV’s etc, should be turned off. All that is preferred is a quiet, calm peaceful place is preferred. At first, commit 10 minutes or more with no interruption as you sit up firm on a cushion and relax.
2) You must be comfortable in that Posture which is important. With your back upright and your spine to you head straight is what you need to try out preferably. With hands in your lap; normally a seated position on the ground is preferred and this can also be done in a chair. Lying down on a pillow initially is not suggested as your body can assume a sleep mode.
3) Relax your jaw, facial muscles and close your eyes gently. Look for any muscle tension that may exist releasing any found and do a “body scan”. Allow your body to become comfortable and continue relaxing now for a few moments. The bodily tension that is arising be observant of that. You need to physically relax and this is the key here.
4) Slowly evacuate your lungs completely. Gently inhale & exhale through your nostrils with a deep from the belly’s rhythmic cycle filling your lungs to capacity and expelling the air completely. Slow, long in and out breaths are ideal. Pausing momentarily at the end of each in and out breath. On the feeling and sounds during the entire cycle, you need to focus on the same.
5) To provide an initial thought-clearing mode, activate the heart-mind connection. Do not attempt to suppress these thoughts. Acknowledge them. You need to dismiss them all by surrounding any with the six heart virtues of: appreciation, compassion, forgiveness, humility, valor, and understanding as briefly your thoughts arise. Apply unconditional love (without a judgment position) as this is another very powerful technique is for any thoughts that may arise. Then you have to release them and return focus to your breathing.
6) Increase the time duration spent in your practice, steadily and incrementally. You are now well on the way to higher levels of meditation, as the moments of time lengthen between arising thoughts. You need to appreciate the beneficial by-products you have regained and remind yourself to notice.
7) Your life becomes significantly clearer and calm: Our minds are pretty much disturbed by the hustle and bustle that happens in everyday life and this is something that holds us back. The technology today should allow us furthermore peace of mind as every perspective for daily life is well attained through meditation.
8) In one 20 minute meditation session you achieve several hours of sleep: Meditation is known to put you into a deeper state of rest than deep sleep and this is the other scientific fact involved here. Deep sleep on your favorite cushion is associated with a delta brainwave. For achieving the effects in a shorter amount of time deep meditation can drop you into that delta brainwave rapidly.