Stressful situations happen in the life of every person. In the present era, oversaturation of information, galloping rhythm contributes to this. The psyche is additionally affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Each of us strives to be on time for everything and have time to communicate with family, friends, visit beauty salons, shops, and all this in a day. The reader will learn how harmful and dangerous stress is and how to resist it in the article.
What are the causes of stress?
There are many reasons for stress. Each person has an individual organism, the psyche. The same factor may not affect one of us, but the other may cause a violent reaction. The most common factors in the development of stress:
- Conflict situations at work or home;
- Lack of money;
- Long absence of a full vacation;
- Routine life with no change;
- Death of a relative, close person;
- Lack of vitamins, poor nutrition;
- Problems in sex life;
- A sharp change in the environment;
Everyone reacts to stress differently. The common thing in all reactions is a negative effect on the psyche and the physical condition. The person becomes aggressive, his mood worsens. Stress causes other reactions – silence, detachment, passivity, and isolation. It all depends on the type of temperament.
Typical signs of stress are:
- Inability to focus on any one type of activity;
- Unreasonable bouts of irritability, anger, dissatisfaction with others;
- Lethargy and weakness, depression;
- Insomnia, nightmares;
- The inability to completely relax and unwind;
- Panic attacks, constant feeling of fear;
- Desire to cry, longing;
- Distrust of yourself and the people around you;
- Lack of appetite, or vice versa, the desire to eat a lot;
- Nervous tics, desire to bite your nails or lips;
- Interest in alcohol or drugs;
- Chronic fatigue does not disappear even after a night’s rest.
Why is stress dangerous?
Under stress, cortisol is released, altering the entire body’s functioning. First of all, the cardiovascular and nervous system suffers. People who are often under stress have the following symptoms:
- redness of the skin, the appearance of a rash;
- chronic fatigue;
- weight loss or vice versa, the development of obesity;
Long-term exposure to stress is dangerous for the body, as it causes such consequences.
- Increased blood pressure. In this case, under the influence of adrenaline, cardiac output increases. All this leads to an increased risk of developing a heart attack. People who smoke and are overweight are more likely to have heart disease.
- People constantly under stress risk developing acute respiratory diseases and bronchial asthma. This happens because prolonged overstrain; hormonal disruptions disrupt the immune system. Medical research shows that constant stressful situations in adults adversely affect their children’s health.
- Chronic stress negatively affects the functioning of the digestive tract. A person often develops gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. In addition, stress negatively affects the intestinal flora, resulting in pain, flatulence, diarrhea, or constipation.
- Problems of the musculoskeletal system. Bones become more fragile and more likely to develop a fracture.
- Stress drains the central and autonomic nervous systems.
To prevent the dangerous effects of stress on the body, it is important to learn how to resist it.
Ways to deal with stress
It is very important not to lose composure and control in any stressful situation. You can cope with the surging emotions with the help of such actions.
- Restore Body Function. Your neurological system is built around your spine. The spine supports the brain in communicating functions such as breathing and swallowing. When you experience stress and begin to tense up, your spine moves out of alignment. A Chiropractor Hilliard Ohio, will help you restore function to your spine. Overall, you may feel less overwhelmed and have more energy.
- Sit down and relax. It is important to ask yourself how important the problem is and how its solution will affect the near future. This will help you understand the importance of anxiety.
- Write down the individual words or phrases that come to mind when stressed. It will be such a distraction. You can read these phrases the next day and understand how significant stressful events are.
- Tighten all your muscles, clench your fists and clench your teeth for 10 seconds. This will help you feel how the body switches, how relaxation comes.
- Try any of the classic relaxation techniques. This can be a walk, a warm bath, herbal tea, a bar of chocolate, a hobby, or socializing with friends. Perhaps this is what will help you to relax.
- Try to translate negative into positive. The most important thing is not to let the stress take the mountain.
Get in touch with Chiropractic.
Chiropractors in Hilliard, Ohio, can be helpful for your mental health. When you add chiropractic consideration to your health and wellness regimen, you can help enhance your health as a whole.
Leave a Reply