Erectile dysfunction (ED) ormale impotence as it is rightly called is a type of sexual disorder in men.In this condition, a man is not able to achieve or maintain penile erection firm and strong enough for penetration. This leads to sexual dissatisfaction among the partners.
Recurrent occurrence of erection issues signals an underlying health condition.Men above 40 years of age are at a greater risk of developing ED.The cardiovascular system (blood vessels), nervous system (nerves) and endocrine system (hormones) function in harmony to produce a strong and firm erection.
The cause of ED can be physical or psychological
Physical causes include
- Diseases and disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity
- Addictions such as smoking, drinking alcohol, and drug abuse
- Penile injuries
- Medicines used in treatment of depression, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, allergies.
Psychological causes include
- Performance anxiety
Ways to decrease the risk of developing erectile dysfunction
- Men should maintain a healthy weight and should shed the excess kilos to reduce the strain on cardiovascular system.
- Men should give up their habit of smoking as it reduces the blood flow to the penile region.
- They should not exceed the alcohol consumption .The limit of two drinks per day is to be followed.
- Eat nutritious and a well -balanced diet.
- Avoid any type of junk or processed food as it totally lacks the nutrition and only makes your body susceptible to deadly diseases and disorders.
- Undertake yearly medical checkups as diseases and disorders such as diabetes and hypertension increase the risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
- Leave the habit of consuming recreational drugs as they decrease the libido.
- Getting six to eight hours of sleep daily is absolutely essential.
- Perform relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation to relieve stress.
- Exercise regularly in order to stay fit and active.
One should follow all the above mentioned ways to reduce the risk of developing erectile dysfunction. In spite of it if one develops erection issues one can take medicines.
Various medications are available for treating erectile dysfunction. The most commonly prescribed medicines include Sildenafil citrate (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis) and Vardenafil (Levitra). Several generic versions of medicines are also available for treating erectile dysfunction. Numerous forms of Generic Viagra like Suhagra, Zenegra, Penegra and Caverta are also available.
These Generic Viagra forms contain Sildenafil citrate as the active constituent. These forms are available at lower cost as compared to the branded drug Viagra. They are to be taken only on demand and should be taken only once in duration of 24 hours.
All the Generic Viagra forms are to be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes before indulging in the sexual intercourse. Their action starts within 30 to 60 minutes after oral consumption and lasts for the duration of four to five hours.
Several other options are also available for treating ED. But medicines are the first line of treatment. They are easy to consume and offer quick results as compared to the other ED treatments.