In this age of frequently changing the climate, air conditioners are no longer a luxury. They have become a necessity. In the modern market you will get good number of variations in the models of the air conditioner and it may become confusing to you to choose either split or window ac. It goes without saying that although split air conditioners have taken the market, window air conditioners are known for their durability and longevity. However, if maintained properly, a split air conditioner can also offer great results. This article deals with the various methods of split system air conditioner maintenance.
What Are Some Problems That Your Split Air Conditioner Might Face?
You never know when an emergency arises. You may find your air conditioner losing its cooling capacity gradually. Even when the device reads the lowest temperature, your air conditioner doesn’t cool your room enough. This might be an indication that you need to pay attention to the split system air conditioner maintenance. Maintenance of an air conditioner can be done either personally or with the help of a professional one. The problem may be something as trivial as the accumulation of dust, or it may be due to some trouble in the internal wiring.
How To Take Proper Care Of Your Split Air Conditioner?
If you are looking for the best ways of split system air conditioner maintenance, this article will guide you through. Have a look at some of the easiest ways in which you can keep your split system air conditioner in the best working condition for many years.
- Keep the outside of the air conditioner clean: Accumulation of debris and dust on the surface of the air conditioner can cause plenty of problems. You need to make sure that you wipe your air conditioner once in every week with a damp cloth. You also need to check that the outdoor vents don’t have any blockages.
- Give Room To Operate: Don’t be fooled by the idea that split system air conditioners don’t require ample space to operate. Although they require much less space as compared to central air conditioners, it is advisable to keep the system away from any furniture or other kinds of art. This will slash down the risk of accumulation of dust, which can cause harm to the efficiency of the system.
- Clean The Filters Or Replace Them From Time To Time: Another important thing to note about split system air conditioner maintenance is that the filters are needed to be changed, or at least cleaned on a regular interval. Replacing the filters of an air conditioner on time increases the efficiency of the system by as much as 20%.
- The Coil And The Condenser Also Need To Be Cleaned: The coil and the condenser of the system should also be kept free from debris and dirt. For this purpose, you need to power all the components off before starting the cleanup process.
- Check The Pipes: The pipes, which allow air to flow, can also accumulate dirt and debris. This can cause the pipes to develop leaks. Therefore, it is important to check the pipes and make sure that they are kept clean.
As long as your air conditioning system is not facing any serious problem, you can carry on the split system air conditioner maintenance by yourself. However, if you realize that there might be something serious which is causing your air conditioner to slow down, you need to seek the assistance of the professionals. Scheduling tune-ups on a yearly basis helps to look for blockages (if any), identify the leaks, and check for electrical issues and so on.