Bored of your old furniture? Is the new set expensive? Ever thought of revamping your old ones? Although it’s not an easy task to repaint and refinish the old furniture, but not even impossible. Learning and experiencing is key. Like the majority of people have a notion that it should be as simple as grabbing a paintbrush and paint. But unfortunately, it has a lot more to do. If you want a professional-looking finish that is going to last then there are a few guidelines that you need to follow.
Before you begin wondering which type of paint is the best for your wood? What other types of paint can be used on furniture? What is the best paint for painting furniture?
If you’ve ever got furniture painted, or started looking into how to paint furniture, you’ve seen all the different types of paint that people swear is the best paint for furniture.
Painting interior and exterior walls are one thing, but there are a few different parameters to look after to ensure that your furniture painting projects are successful.
- First and foremost it is best and necessary to prime all painting surfaces to prevent stains from fading through the new paint.
- Not to forget that primer must match the type of paint you pick. For any kind of furniture or woodwork, it’s best to use a satin or semi-gloss finish in either a latex or an oil-based paint. Another pro tip never leave primer unpainted.
- If you choose latex paint, then without saying the latex primer is an excellent choice for most uses. It has an easy explanation and at the same time blocks most of the stains, another plus point is that it doesn’t have the odor of an oil-based primer.
- Not saying that oil-based primers cannot be used with latex paints, but it’s professionally advised to use an oil-based primer with an oil-based paint. When using oil-based primers and paints, make sure you have fully ventilated room to avoid suffocation because of the odor.
Markets are stocked with premium quality wood paints solutions. Various brands are manufacturing wood friendly paints which are perfect for the ones who are looking for long-lasting wood finishes that protect wooden surfaces from damages from a variety of harmful elements. To make it convenient for the users these paints are crafted using only the best quality materials and the latest technology.
Still wondering why to go for wood paint solutions over any other technique? Here are some benefits you get with these solutions.
- Superior Finish – These wood finishes will give your surface a cleaner and decorative coating that will not only increase their appeal but also keep them safe and secure from getting damaged.
- Enhanced Durability – As the term says, these solutions will protect your wooden surfaces from heat, hot fluids, oil stains, termite attacks, and other such harmful elements. When used the right product and in the right condition it will keep them new for years and years.
- Easy Application – I barely feel there is a requirement of speaking anything along these lines. You won’t need to worry about complicated painting procedures with these wood finishes. While painting, it’s beneficial to start at the top and work down, smoothing paint drips as you work downward.
- Excellent Value for Money – With the premium features, comfort and safety that come with these wood paints solutions, full value for money is guaranteed.
Protect your furniture, wardrobe, dining table or any wooden surfaces with British Paints’ wooden solutions today!