What are washers?
A washer can be technically described as a thin plate, can be disc-shaped or square, with a hole, mostly in the middle, normally used to distribute the load of a threaded fastener, such as a bolt or a nut. Superior Washer Inc can either be made from metal or from plastic or can be used for multiple purposes like as a spacer, spring, wear pad, preload indicating device, and locking device and as a device that is used to reduce vibrations.
What are the advantages of copper and aluminum washers?
Both aluminum and copper washers are used in a variety of machines for different purposes and for different industrial applications. Let’s have a quick look at why these small tools have been an integral part of the mechanical and industrial world for so long!
- Copper washers consist of a very thin plate with a hole in the center, which is slipped onto a fastener, like a nut or a screw, which further allows better distribution of the fasteners load. Apart from managing the load distribution, copper washers are also one of the most effective ways to reduce the vibrations in certain machines.
- Another big advantage of the copper washers is that they are extremely durable and long-lasting. Their easy availability in varied nut and bolt sizes is what further adds to the comfort of the buyer.
- There are generally two main kinds of copper washers, the Beryllium copper washers, and the flat copper washers. Beryllium copper washers are made from an alloy containing Beryllium, a durable and long-lasting metal. Nonmetallic, corrosion-resistant and efficient conductors of heat and electricity. These washers can be used in multiple tasks.
Flat copper washers are made from strong versatile copper and provide endurance, resistance to corrosion and surfacing crushing, making them the most suitable for wooden structures. These too are available in many sizes and structures to accommodate the varied nuts and bolts.
- Aluminum is a great choice for a washer whether you are a big industrialist or a private farmer who believes in keeping their tools and equipment updated. For one aluminum is extremely light as compared to the other metals, in fact, it ideally weights three-time less as compared to any other substitute. If you are looking for a washer that resists corrosion, does not rust or dissolve in corrosive environments, then you are definitely making the right choice with the aluminum washers.
- Another very big advantage of using the aluminum washers is that they are the epitome of strength and can withstand the extreme forces and pressure. They are further also resistant to compression, shearing, bending and cracking and have a unique quality of growing and increasing in strength with the fall in temperatures, a quality that no other metal possesses. Its qualities of being non-magnetic, of not sparking and carrying a current is what makes the best and the perfect choice for all the electrical and aerospace applications where other metals have been known to cause problems.
How can you choose the best aluminum and copper washer suppliers and manufacturers?
Now that you know of the significance of these tools, let’s have a quick look where you can find some of the best aluminum and copper washers that are sure to bring comfort and durability in your equipment and tools. There are copper washer manufacture and aluminum washer manufacture but be careful in choosing from the many options. Select a company that guarantees quality and precision and does justice for the job it is needed. There is no doubt in the fact that both these metals are the perfect choice for washers and provide not just durability but strength, but it is still very important that you chose to coordinate with a company that ensures zero errors in their products and most importantly quality.