Millions of people around the world are making money through their Instagram accounts today.
It’s a great side hustle and even the main source of income for many!
Do you want to earn money through Instagram content too?
Are you not sure where to start?
Here is everything you need to turn those likes and comments into monthly payments!
What are the Prerequisites for Monetizing Instagram?
Making money on Instagram isn’t as easy as you may think it is.
Before any money starts to roll in, you’ll have to do some groundwork.
What you essentially need is as follows:
- A decent following: It’s nice to eye a million followers, but a few thousands of followers is a great place to start. What matters more than the number of followers, is engagement.
- An engaged audience: You have a thousand followers, great! However, do they really consume your content or are they simply scrolling by? Making money will be hard if your audience doesn’t really dig your content.
The goal is to post content that your followers will share, leave comments on, and interact with.
- Strong influence: Would you say that your followers trust you? Do you have strong expertise in your niche? This is extremely important for anyone wanting to monetize their Instagram account.
What are the Different Monetization Techniques for Instagram?
Once you think you have all the three prerequisites in place, you can start monetizing your account.
Choose a technique that you think you’re most comfortable with.
Here are some options:
- Partner with brands: One of the most common ways to earn money on Instagram is through brand partnerships. Affiliate marketing, product placement videos, and sponsored posts have generated great results for brands in the past. Consider pitching to organizations that align with your Instagram account’s niche, tone, and voice.
- Advertise your own products: Not every Instagrammer is keen on promoting other brands on their page. If you’re one of those, you can consider designing and selling your own products!
- Impart education: If you think you have strong expertise in any niche, put that to use. Through your Instagram account, you can sell eBooks and organize workshops.
Sometimes, Instagrammers get too caught up with content creation. Amidst that, they forget to assess their content, followers, and profile.
Don’t make that mistake.
There are several Instagram analytics tools that can help you in this regard.
Not sure where to start?
You can discover some great ones in my blogpost on ShaneBarker.com.
Also, if you’re seeking more information about monetizing your Instagram, scroll down to the infographic.