With property management tools, the joy of property management is growing . Even when the bureaucracy, time squeeze, and the occasional test tenant challenge the light mood, many property managers enjoy their work. But it is never an easy life for landlords and property managers. It can be taxing to execute work orders, follow up on products, locate papers, collect rent, screen tenants, and do on-site visits. You’re wondering about going paperless if you’re a landlord or property manager, or starting a property management company, or you may be thinking about moving to a better software solution for property management. Do not fear, your workload will drop and the software will pay off quickly if you’re overwhelmed by software automation and how it could change your workday.
A PM software simplifies your workload. There are a lot of old tech solutions for rental properties out there and modern ones that include all the bells and whistles. Yes, plenty of learning features and adding a little more frustration to your day. The reality is it is easy to learn and use the right property management tools. And you need advantages, not characteristics. If it is not easy to use software, property managers, tenants, contractors and owners may not use it. As a property investor or manager, all the uncertainty becomes a liability for you. Managers of Smart Property keep it quick. The best applications can help you easily handle messages from tenants and vendors, lease agreements, fees, tax records, and much more.
4 Basic Service Components
The four basic service components of the property programme are easy to see.
- Tenant management: quick tenant account setup for documenting your personal details and enabling them to provide maintenance and other updates.
- Property accounting: a basic accounting module that lets you manage and consolidate all records without having to become an accountant in a simple way.
- Maintenance: easy maintenance record creation by recording the problem adding pictures and assigning the maintenance ticket urgency level.
- File Storage: a simple file store system to safely import, store, organise, view and share your main documents from anywhere for smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop users.
Benefits of Property Management Software
- Cost: The app is now very inexpensive to manage. And it has the advantage of saving you immense time and money.
- Manage the billing: Making your accounts is a job I usually want to avoid if you are anything like me. But it’s just pretty bad to leave before the end of the tax year. With an application for property management, you can access your accounts anywhere quickly and conveniently, at any time with just a few clicks. Registration fees, track expenditures, record who you are paying, digitise receipts and automate complex accounts when payments have been made or received.
- Notification: Holding in one location all details on tenants and contractors and the related properties helps to know who it is. In addition, communications such as rental reminder can be automated quickly, saving you time and ensuring swift payment.
- The automation: Automating reminders means you’ll never miss important things again, not only for your tenants, but for yourself. Set a reminder for your six months of property inspection at the start of the contract, for instance. Make it easier to handle your time. Create professional reports that show your profit and loss, expenditures, collections of leases, etc. This saves you hours when you would otherwise have to input data manually into excel, or whatever reporting system you are currently using. It will also eliminate the human error margin and allow you to spend more time validating and reviewing the numbers for discrepancies.
- Accessibility: You can have it safely stored in the Cloud instead of getting all your data stored on one system or going very old school and using paper files. What this means is that your (well organised) data and files can be accessed anywhere.
- Scalability: It takes time to manually handle your money. You can save yourself a whole lot of time by using property management software, which makes it easier to manage your assets for a start, but also ensures you have more time to do other things, such as saving and maintaining more properties. Streamlining tasks ensures you can handle better, boosting your sales and benefit by doing so.
- Backup & Recovery Simplified: Having anything saved electronically automatically means not only having access anywhere in the world, but also having your information and data backed up and stored securely if you ever need it in the future.
- Analysing Data: In order for a corporation to succeed, its shareholders must make detailed, data-driven decisions. However when collected and conducted manually, their data and their interpretation could be inaccurate. All the data you incorporate into the system is stored with property management software which allows you to do a detailed analysis and gives you insights into your business. Proper analysis of data helps you to spot any inefficiencies and explore new possibilities.
What is the need of Property Management Software?
Property management software enables landlords to work more effectively, better maintain their properties and improve the value of their investment regularly. A broad range of tools customised to landlords of an equally wide range of styles are offered by modern software platforms. And while the quality of the software that is available to landlords is increasing, the cost of using it is declining. In many sectors, in the last five-to-ten years, property management software has undergone a sort of revolution and has become an extremely powerful and inexpensive platform for all landlords.
- Collect Online Rent: Online property management software almost always involves some sort of online payments, whether it’s integration with another provider or an in-house product. For your tenants, the flexibility of online payments would improve collection and add a layer of professionalism and ease-of-use.
- Automate announcements: The backbone of a stable tenant-landlord partnership is effective contact. Luckily, software for property management makes this extremely simple. Rental reminders, alerts that a contract needs to be signed, late fee notifications, and reminders of an expiring lease are all automatically sent without a finger being raised by you the owner. Most property management software can let you easily send an email, text, or notification via an app if you need to send a message to your tenants to let them know about any maintenance job or a group announcement. And these alerts are monitored, which in the case of a dispute or in the worst-case situation, if you are involved in an eviction action, can be extremely helpful.
- Find Better Renters: Poor tenants are bad, like really bad, really bad tenants. On your time as well as on your bottom line, they easily become a steep cost. It is extremely necessary to find better tenants and, luckily, software for property management will help. Many property management software comes with tools to advertise the properties quickly on a wide range of listing platforms. This means that you receive applications from the highest possible quality applicants. What’s more, these software platforms for property management typically often provide screening services. If you’re not screening your tenants already, you absolutely need to be. A credit, criminal, and eviction report will tell you a lot about a property nominee and help you steer clear of those that are just going to bring headaches. The entire leasing process makes listing, screening, and renting from a single platform much simpler and results in better tenants.
- Quick Maintenance Track: It can be a big hassle for maintenance. No one wants to send their tenants their personal phone number, but if you’re not careful about checking your email inbox, when they come in, you’re more likely to miss requests. And if you are handling maintenance staff, it can be a major nuisance to share maintenance tickets with them. Property management software addresses all these issues, as some sort of a maintenance portal is almost always included. Typically, tenants can send details, photographs, videos, and any other information needed to share their maintenance issue. In your software, this information is stored for you to check whenever appropriate. No need to share your personal information, you will receive a notification by email, or directly from the app to your phone rather than the tenant. You may also periodically forward these tickets to your maintenance team or even add them to any rental programme you use as sub-users. This will allow them direct access and the ability to customise their own updates.
- Cloud Storage: From some of our previous points, you might have picked up on this but cloud storage and the ability to access your data and documents from anywhere is extremely powerful. You’ve certainly heard horror storeys of landlords whose hard drives crashed, resulting in a complete loss of years of rental and company records if you’ve been in the rental property management business for long enough. Technology for property management removes this risk entirely. Even beyond just safely storing your files, it gives you access from anywhere. You don’t have to go home to search it just take out your phone, pull up your property management software account, and find the answer right then and there, if you are out on the job and a tenant asks you what they owe.
Modern software development has been a huge boon to the rental management space, like many industries. Instruments are becoming more competitive and less costly. In reality, with the same feature rich platforms as the more costly, older solutions, there are quite a few free property management software offerings. Whichever you want, it can be a huge aid to your rental management company to take the leap to property management software.