Various SEO engines use hundreds of various factors to rank a site in Sydney. It doesn’t matter how many factors are used. Especially for someone who is only starting to rank their site. But here is the catch. Not all those factors are equally important. Some are indeed a must have but others might not make much of a difference in your market. Many of you don’t even have much direct influence on it.
If you just launched your site and tried to find out what aspects of SEO you should focus on first, here’s a treat for you from Platinum SEO services. A list of the most important Google ranking factors a beginner should know these factors are broadly classified into four categories:
In this blog we will focus on On-Page factors.
The way your page is optimized has the most profound effect on its rankings. Here are the page optimization factors that can affect its search visibility:
1. Keyword in title tag: The title Meta tag is one of the strongest relevancy signals for a search engine. The tag itself is meant to give the11 accurate description of the pages content. Search engines use it to display the main title of a search result. Including a keyword in it will indicate to search engine what to rank the page for.
Ideally, the keyword should be placed at the beginning of the title tag. Pages optimized this way will rank better than those with keyword closer to the title’s tag end.
2. Keyword in description tag: The importance of the Meta description tag today is often discussed in SEO circles. It is nonetheless still a relevancy signal. It is also crucial for gaining user clicks from search results pages. Including keyword in it makes it more relevant to a search engine and the person searching it.
3. Keyword in H1 tag: H1 tag is yet another relevance factor, serving as a description of the pages content. In spite of an ongoing discussion about its importance, it is still a good practice to include your keyword in a unique H1 tag on a page.
4. Using keywords in the pages copy: Up until not long ago, stuffing your page with keywords was a sure shot way to increase its rankings for a particular keyword. That’s not the case anymore. Using the keyword in the copy still sends a relevancy signal of what the content is about. How you place it however has changed drastically.
5. Length of the content: Google looks for authoritative and informative content to rank first. It’s common sense that the longer your content is, the greater the chances that you cover more aspects of your topic.
6. Duplicate content: Not all factors can influence your rankings in a positive way. Having similar content across various pages of your site can actually hurt your rankings. Avoid duplicating content and write original copy for each page.
7. Canonical tag: Sometimes however having two URLs with similar content is unavoidable. One of the ways from preventing this from becoming a duplicate content issue is by using a canonical tag on your site. This tag does one simple thing, it tells Google that one URL is equivalent of another, clearly stating that in spite of two pages having the same content, they are in fact one.
8. Image Optimization: It’s not only text that can be optimized on a page but other media too. Images for instance can send the search engine relevancy signals through their alt text, caption and description for instance.
9. Content Updates: Google algorithm prefers freshly updated content. It does not mean that you have to edit your pages all the time. It is wise however to include some strategy to update certain types of content once every 12 months or so.
10. Outbound links: Linking to authoritative pages sends trust signals to the search engine. Think of it this way, the only reason why you would send a user to another site is if you wanted them to learn more of the subject. This can be a huge trust factor for Google. Too many outbound links however can greatly diminish the page’s Page Rank, hurting its search visibility. Outbound links can affect your rankings but use them in moderation.
Hope this is going to help you better understand the concept of On-Page factor; keep visiting us at platinum seo services For more detail and information that can help you.
Leave a Reply