How many times have you heard from other bloggers that you should outsource some of your work? My guess is too many, right?
The truth is that outsourcing is a great way to get more done without doing it yourself, however, outsourcing your SEO is one of the biggest mistakes you can make.
Something that a lot of bloggers don’t realize is that link building companies build hundreds of thousands of links and almost all of them are of poor quality. Now, not all link building companies are like this but the majority of them are. Below, you will see some of the biggest disadvantages to outsourcing your SEO.
Disadvantages of Outsourcing Your SEO
1) Time Consuming – Do you know where the best place is to hire somebody to do your SEO? Is it on sites like Upwork or Freelancer? Maybe, you will find one on a forum. The problem with finding somebody to outsource your SEO work to is that you must first find quality candidates to screen. Once you find 10 or more candidates, then you can interview them until you find somebody that is a good fit for the job. What you will quickly realize is that some people say they can do your SEO work but when you ask them questions in hopes for a detailed response they will just shut down. It is because of this that you can spend weeks or even months looking for a quality SEO agency to help you with your specific needs.
2) Limited Control – One major problem with outsourcing your SEO is that you don’t have much control over what is out there. For instance, if a link builder creates 20 links that Google considers spam, then you will harm your website. Link building is much different than content creation because if you hire somebody to write some of your content then you will be able to read through it and approve it prior to it going online. Just remember, having your own website is all about controlling what others see.
3) Low Quality – As I said before, when you hire somebody to do your SEO, his or her work might not be as high quality as you would like. It is because of this that you should either hire the right outsourcer or do it yourself.
4) Communication Issues – Did you know that the majority of cheap outsourcing is given to people in the Philippines and India? It is important to know this because their time zone and yours might be completely different, which makes it almost impossible to communicate with each other in a timely manner.
5) Irregular Results – SEO can mean a bunch of different things, however, in most cases your results will be different depending on what you are having done. When you outsource your SEO you will see what is paying off and what isn’t, however, if you are not getting regular reports, then you will see irregular results. This may not sound like a big deal right now, but it is bigger than you think. Just know that when it comes to results, getting consistent results is the best thing for you and your website.
6) Costly – If you have ever outsourced work, then you know that it can be rather costly. The reason for this is because there is no one thing that will get your website results. This results in more money being spent on SEO until your website gets to where you want it to be. One problem here is that SEO is a never ending task, so even when you reach number one on Google or Yahoo, you still need to do what you have been doing.
7) No Real Experts – When you start your search for an SEO expert, you will quickly realize that there is no real difference between an average blogger and an SEO expert. The reason I say this is because nobody knows what works best for SEO and what doesn’t work at all. What you need to do is trust in your ability to get your website to rank as high as possible doing the things that you know will work. One issue with hiring a supposed expert is that they will try to do a little more than they know how, just to prove to you that they are worth the money you are spending. Trust me, if a person is doing more than they know how to do, then you are going to pay for it in some way down the line.
Outsourcing work has its benefits but you can’t ignore the disadvantages as well. If you are going to outsource your SEO, then it is imperative that you find a reputable person or company. Although this will take some time, it is better to have somebody you can trust with your website than somebody without previous results to back up their promises.
So remember, if you do plan on outsourcing some of the tasks to running a website then make sure you take into consideration the disadvantages as well.
Emin is a marketing Consultant at Amberd Design Studio, on his free time he enjoys blogging, drawing, and traveling around the world.
Leave a Reply