Asbestos is an intrinsic component for insulating buildings and is commonly used by construction workers. However, later it was discovered that this substance was very harmful for our health. Asbestos is unwholesome for the lungs. A plethora of studies claimed that over exposure to this would sometimes lead to lung cancer, asbestosis and mesothelioma. In fact, till today there are some buildings which still possess this material(asbestos) and the asbestosis is able to do damage.
According to the survey report which was published in the Australian Council of Trade Union’s website, the country had the highest per capita use of asbestos between the 1950s and 1980s. Moreover, every year more than 500 Australians die from the mesothelioma and up to 18,000 people are likely to die by 2020 as a result of this harmful mesothelioma.
Therefore, to protect workers, building occupants and the public, many training organizations are hosting asbestos removal course Brisbane so that people can get the minimal awareness regarding the asbestos and its deadly effect.
Asbestos Training Courses:
These courses help the workers and supervisors to recognise asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) and what kind of precautions they will take if they come across these materials in order to protect themselves and others. There are basically three levels of training courses and they are:
- Asbestos awareness
- Non-licensable work with asbestos
- Licensable work with asbestos
Asbestos Awareness: This course explains how to clean and minor maintenance works are required where ACM may be accidentally disturbed. The prime aspects of this course are
- Basic information on asbestos
- Various health effects caused by asbestos
- Protection and safety programs of workers
- Locations of ACM in the building and skyscraper
- How to recognize ACM damage and deterioration
- How to deal with an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust in the workplace
- How efficiently need to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
Non-licensable Work with asbestos: This course usually covers the following areas.
- how to make sufficient analysis and assessments regarding the risk of exposure to asbestos
- Need to apply safe work practices and proper control measures also should be taken.
- How to select and appropriate use of protective equipment for the betterment of the workers
- how to handle the waste materials
- Need to know about emergency procedures
- Relevant legal requirements
- What to do when non-licensed work may be notifiable (i.e. NNLW)
Licensable work with asbestos: usually, only licensed contractors and worker must carry out higher risk asbestos-containing materials. Only competent and expertise workers and managers, who are equipped with suitable information and have plenty of knowledge regarding asbestos and its effect, may undertake licensed asbestos work. They need to use proper respiratory and other protective equipment during the work process. During this training, workers get to know about the following things.
- Details of air monitoring and its results
- Details of notification of work made to the enforcing authority
- How to make a copy of the plan of work
- Different maintenance records for control measures
StartDate is one of the pre-eminent online training company which provides a comprehensive asbestos removal course to the workers and supervisors. Founded in 2015, they are unwaveringly serving the customers.
If anyone wants to learn asbestos removal course Brisbane from a recognised institute, then he needs to get in touch with Start Date and get enrolled with them as soon as possible. The knowledge and skills which he will learn from the erudite experts from StatDate will help him to establish his career in this sector.
Leave a Reply