A home CCTV security system is highly beneficial when it comes to securing your house. It is worth investing in this type of security system. It is not uncommon to find a CCTV system installed in commercial places.
One of the popular applications is also home installation since it helps increase the level of security. A security system of this kind can increase the security of your property tenfold. This article goes on to provide tips for the installation of home security cameras.
Tips to home CCTV cameras installation
When it comes to the installation of security cameras, the method can vary depending on the type of house. The fact that no two houses are the same means the installation process will not be a straightforward one. It requires a great deal of analysis and some research to get it right. Here are a few tips on how to get it right:
- Several surveys suggest that a high percentage of burglaries occur from the front door itself. Directing a camera at your door that is in clear view will act as a good deterrent to the common criminals. This is a strategic camera since it can keep tabs on all people going in and out of the house; this includes the family members and other people who might be working at your place. It is also useful in monitoring the visitors who ring the doorbell.
- The back door and other side doors are also easy entry points into the house as well. The other doors of the house tend to be out of sight hence are more vulnerable. It is a good practice to cover these entry points with a CCTV camera as well.
- The garage happens to a popular target as well. Install cameras at strategic locations along the driveway and near the garage. This is useful to keep an eye on your vehicles and deter those planning to steal them. It can also be useful to spot someone trying to damage your vehicles.
- Installing cameras that cover your yard is a good way to keep tabs on the activity occurring in close proximity to your house and inside. This includes children playing as well as pets and those snooping around trying to check your property.
- It is a good practice to cover the common areas indoors as well. This includes the living room, kitchen as well as baby room especially if you have a babysitter. Besides serving the purpose of monitoring the hired help like cleaners, repairmen, and other household staff it also is useful in case of a break in.
- Install security cameras in the hallways as well as the main stairways since they can monitor an intruder trying to enter any part of the house.
- It is necessary to keep in mind the security camera you install does not invade the privacy of your neighbours. In fact, there are several laws in place as far as private property is concerned. It might be fine if your surveillance camera captures the public-facing property of the neighbours. It is also not advisable to place a camera in a bedroom or a bathroom.
- You can optimise your surveillance footage to be activated only in case of movement to reduce the amount of storage space necessary.
There are several eCommerce stores that sell electronic products including security cameras for homes and commercial places. It is beneficial to shop for your security systems online since this way one can also do their research and save time and money on having to visit the store personally.