Raksha Bandhan is a special time for a brother and sister, and if you are struggling to know what to get your sister for rakhi to Australia from India, here are some inspiring suggestions to show her how much she means to you.
- Help her to jazz up her outfits with jewelery: Jewelery is a beautiful and easy gift to send as rakhi to Australia from India. It lasts a lifetime, is something she will treasure forever, and it doesn’t need to be super expensive. When you choose something that suits her style and tastes, she will know that you have put a lot of thought into it.
- Treat her with clothing: All sisters love clothes and fashion, and being that India is so far away from Australia, sending her a stunning memento from home will really make her day. Especially as silks and saris are not very common to purchase in Australia, your gift will be unique and something that she will truly treasure. You can always go shopping with your mother for your sister’s gift, as your mother will know the right size and fit. Girls definitely don’t like it when you send something that is way too big for them.
- A sweet delight for a sweet sister: There is one thing that girls love more than clothes and jewelery, and that is chocolates. Chocolate for women can lift any kind of mood, and especially if it is a sweet treat gift of rakhi, she will be able to savour a very sweet sentiment from home.
- Light reading: You know your sister better than anyone, so sending her the latest book from her favourite author, or an old classic, will fill her with joy every time she picks it up.
- Say it with a doll or teddy: Sisters young or old never grow out of dolls and teddies. Sending her one of these special toys will remind her of the bond you share every time she cuddles it, especially in those times she gets homesick.
- Go with gadgets and accessories: If your sister is a bit older and has moved away to attend university, there are some great gifts that you can send as rakhi, that will be really useful for her. She will love items like school bags, bottles, lunch boxes, notebooks, fountain pens, laptop accessories, or a new mobile phone, and you can choose pieces with her name on them, or that reflect her favourite colours or interests. You can also take great pride in the fact that you are helping her with her very important studies.
- Show her the money honey: When sending rakhi gifts so far away, sometimes the best gift you can give is letting her choose it for herself. Sending cash might not be as thoughtful, but at least you know she has the ability to get something she really wants or needs. Either way, she will be extremely happy with your grand gesture.
There you have it, choosing items to send as rakhi to Australia from India, is not as difficult as what you may have thought.