QuickBooks gives its customers many rich highlights. One such component is that it encourages the trade of information between different programs. For this reason, QuickBooks uses an ODBC driver for QuickBooks. Open database connectivity (ODBC) is a standard application designed to strengthen the correspondence between different programs so that they can undoubtedly trade data with each other.
As a QuickBooks client, you can accomplish various things using Open Database Connectivity (ODBC). For example, you can create a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel, you can create a table in Microsoft Access, and you can mirror your running QB information in Crystal Reports. By using the QODBC driver, you can use external applications for executive access to QB information. External applications that can be used are Microsoft Excel, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, etc.
You can introduce QuickBooks ODBC drivers for QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier. For QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, Intuit and Flex Quarter are free read-only QODBC drivers. This information allows QuickBooks bookkeeping programming and the exchange of information between different applications. Fluxquiris, a person in the Inquirer Developer Network.
For QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you will need to purchase and download the driver from Flex Quarter’s QODBC site. For the initial 30 days, you can use the driver without taking anything.
How to install an ODBC driver for QuickBooks?
You need to adopt these tools to introduce QuickBooks ODBC driver in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions –
- Go to the File menu in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- At that point, go to Utilities.
- Under Utility, see Setup ODBC.
- Currently, you must download and present the QODBC driver.
- Go to the QODBC Driver Download page on the FOD Quarter’s QODBC site.
- When prompted, delete the executable record with the name: QODBC.exe in an abbreviated registry or in the My Documents envelope, to delete the installation record.
- Previously, by running the QuickBooks ODBC driver installer, empty the MS Office toolbar from memory and some other Windows applications. This is on the basis that it can disable the installation of the toolbar driver.
- From inside Windows, click on the introduction program.
- Currently, you need to choose the target catalog where you need to present the QODBC booster document.
- Snap to OK catch to proceed.
- This will introduce the driver.
Steps to configure the QuickBooks ODBC driver
These are meant to manage QuickBooks ODBC driver –
- Just below the bat, click on the ODBC setup screen symbol.
- The QuickBooks ODBC / QODBC Driver Setup screen will appear.
- Snap to the General tab.
- Under this tab, you will search for the ODBC information source system. You can choose the organization document according to your requirements. You have extras to supply the framework information source name you would use to remotely associate with QuickBooks. At that point, you need to choose a mode to tell QODBC how it should open each organization’s documentation. Scrapbook Connection for QuickBooks catches the connection to check if the installation and settings are valid with the installation book and an organization document is opened.
- Currently, click on the Messages tab.
- Under this tab, you can audit or clear QODBC messages. You can audit SDK messages in a similar way. Use the detail tracing on the off chance that you need to create a follow log. Guarantee Description Tracing is off when not needed because logs can spend a lot of log plate space. Under this tab, you will search the status board in the same way when the driver is getting information about QuickBooks.
- Currently, click on the adapter tab. The streamlining agent works by inserting some information into a nearby reserve so that recovery execution for the query is enhanced. This tab enables you to select an area where the correction is kept away. This gives you the option to keep up with the latest. You will see similarities and three options of the stock amount – shaky, dirty feet and continuous.
- Currently, click the Advanced tab in the QuickBooks ODBC setup screen. Advance highlights are used to change a design. Defaults should usually be corrected for customers.
- After the Advanced tab, go to the active/passive tab. Under this tab, you can tap on Activate catch to open the Activate window or Activate catch to open the Activate button.
- Activation expects you to enter a CD key. Press the buy button in the window when you do not have the CD key. To use the web to activate this PC, naturally, press the Activate button in the window. If you do not have a web, push the manual grip.
- Deactivation requires a CD key. To use the web to disable the PC naturally, press the Idol button in the idle window. Press the manual catch in case the web is not found. You need to note that it takes 24 to 48 hours for your CD key to become inactive.
- Currently, on the QuickBooks ODBC / QODBC Driver Setup screen, click the Continue tab. This tab is about tabs. Here, you can see which QODBC version is currently offered and whether you have submitted an evaluation duplicate or a duplicate that is fully enrolled. The first letter of a sequential number determines what type of permit is introduced, the QODBC form can be known by the third digit and fourth states that the QB adaptation (US – United States, CA – Canada, UK – United Kingdom, AU – Australia) is perfect with permits.
- The sequential number given under the Approx tab is important because it may be necessary for overhauling, for special offer support, or looking for a discount offer for the framework of the support work area. To check if you are using the most recent QuickBooks ODBC / QODBC driver, click Check Website for updates in the About tab.
On the off chance that you require any assistance in introducing or arranging an ODBC driver for QuickBooks, you can call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number. We give full and instant answers for a wide range of issues and errors concerning QuickBooks.