In comparison to the taxi-booking apps, the bike taxi apps were not as popular among people. The trends are changing amid the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. People feel they are no longer safe from the deadly viruses in the close door of the taxi. CDC reports that the virus tends to be more active in closed areas. Taking that into consideration, there could be no transportation modes as safe as bikes.
It is one of the main reasons there has been an increase in bike taxi apps usage worldwide. As per Mordor Intelligence, the bike taxi industry is expected to witness a CAGR of 25% in 2020-2025. The trends are changing in every online sector. Experts believe the bike taxi industry is going to reach tremendous heights in the next couple of years.
Open source bike taxi software cannot be customized to our requirements. One of the main factors that determine the app’s success is that it matches the target audience, and a custom app development process can only achieve it. The blogs highlight the simple aspects to consider during the bike taxi app development for becoming successful.
The simple workflow of bike taxi apps
- Quick registration process: Customers can easily register their account by providing the necessary details like username and password.
- Seamless Navigation: People should book a taxi that matches their requirements through Uber-like taxi apps. Offer advanced filters for users to promptly choose the service that matches their requirements.
- Booking Updates: As the status of their order changes, taxi booking software sends updates to customers.
- Drivers details with ETA: Once the ride is confirmed, the driver details the estimated fare presented to customers. Customers can view the ride’s current status through real-time tracking features and connect with drivers using the in-app call facility.
- Payment processing: There are digital and regular payment modes available to any for the rides. The app must offer a secure payment gateway to pay for their rides using a taxi management system, including digital and mobile wallet payment options.
- Feedback & ratings: Feedbacks and ratings are offered to the customers based on the ratings provided.
- Digital Invoice: Upon the ride completion, customers receive a digital invoice, which includes breakups of the services offered.
Major cost determining features involved in Bike taxi app development
1. Geolocation & routing
It must be accurate that the software must offer complete coverage of traversing through the city. The task of providing routes is simpler. The challenge lies in the fact that the route offered must be the optimal route. User Google map integration for GPS and GNSS position and provide accurate results for the users.
2. Payment Integration
The payment gateway must be secure for there are secure encryption algorithms to protect customers’ data. The payment gateway can be integrated with G-pay, PayPal, etc. for an e-wallet.
3. User-friendly interface
The interface must be user friendly so that users can book for rides without any hassles. In order to ensure that, the design team can offer a familiar interface with consistent color and icon styles.
Several aspects need to be considered while designing a taxi fleet management system. Thorough planning and analysis prove to be crucial for app development. Choose the best app development companies to assist you with it.