The POS system is currently the most preferred method of payment in many businesses. The system is built with a scanner and a printer for receipts and is only used with bank cards.
The store owner simply slots in the card, the system goes through the card information and deducts the amount from the customer’s bank account. If the customer has enough money to foot the bill, the POS sends the money to the account of the store owner. Afterward, the receipt is printed out and given to the customer.
Pros of POS system
The POS system has many advantages to offer. Here are a few of those benefits:
- The POS system is a safe and secure method of payment. The customer doesn’t have to worry about his bank details getting leaked.
- POS systems are very inexpensive and can be purchased anywhere. There are numerous brands of POS so you have to choose the one that works best for your business.
- The installation of POS systems is very easy. They don’t require a large amount of space and are low – maintenance devices.
- The Point of Sales system prevents errors as it is very accurate. This helps to prevent unnecessary expenses. Sometimes we make mistakes when we do the calculations ourselves.
- The chip POS system lasts for a long time, unlike the magnetic swipe POS. If you are looking for a POS system that will save you time and money, get the chip-based POS system.
- The POS system is a very convenient method of payment. A customer can easily purchase any item he urgently needs even if he is not with enough cash.
- If you use a web-based POS system, you won’t have to bother with the installation. This type of POS system is managed by the system manager so the main user doesn’t have to install it.
- With the web-based POS system, you don’t have to worry about the cost of updates and reconfiguration.
- The POS system also takes care of the inventory. This enables you to stock up on the items that you need.
- The Point of Sales System also manages and analyzes your sales data. It notifies you whenever you are running low on goods.
- With the Point of sale system, you get accurate reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This helps you track the growth of your business so you can see the areas that need attention.
- The POS system monitors your daily transactions and gives you accurate information about your stock.
- The POS system is manufactured with software that double-checks every information. This eliminates mistakes and promotes accuracy.
- You can also use the POS to give discounts to your customers on particular goods and also make promos.
- The POS allows you to control your sales, returns, and inventory. It also helps you to organize discounts, promotions, customer’s and employees’ private information and working hours.
- The POS system is also very beneficial for businesses that run several promotions in many locations. You can manage your company through the Internet from any location at your convenience.
- Due to how meticulous the POS system is, you can plan new strategies for your business growth and set new goals.
- You can also group your goods into categories according to your preferences. It makes inventory easier and more productive.
- POS promotes a healthy relationship with your customers. Every detail about a customer’s purchase is recorded by the POS so customers will find it easier to exchange or return a product. All you have to do is look through the record for the details of their purchase.
- The POS makes settling accounts easier. Your business doesn’t require a professional accountant. The system enables you to keep records of all your cash transactions.
- You can also use the POS to order products as soon as your stock reduces. That way you never run out of your hottest goods.
- The POS system is very fast with handling transactions. You can attend to many customers at once.
With the POS system, your customers get a detailed receipt of these goods that they bought. Most people like to have a receipt for every purchase they make.
Cons of the POS system
- A customer’s PIN can easily be stolen by someone who has been watching closely. That’s why customers must be meticulous as they put in their numbers.
- Hackers can use a fraudulent system to get the card details of a customer.
- The POS system is more expensive than the usual cash registers.
- Without stable Internet connectivity, the POS system can’t function.