Are you having trouble in finding the solution to use PowerShell Repair Mailbox Exchange 2016 from corruption? If yes, these you can read this write-up which provide solution and guide users to repair corrupted mailbox exchange 2016. So, let’s get started!
Exchange mailbox is the crucial part of Microsoft Exchange Server as it store the essential information such as: mails, notes, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, etc… which is very important for users and company. All this Exchange data items and mailboxes are stored in the EDB file which is the main repository of server and it is vulnerable to corruption.
When any Exchange database file gets corrupted or damaged then it becomes inaccessible and then users won’t be able to access the mailboxes and its items. It would disrupt the work flow too. As we discussed in the above section that Exchange data is very important for users or organization and if the information gets lost / deleted due to corruption or any other issue then they have to face its consequences such as:
- Face financial loss
- The clients or users start losing trust in them
- They have to face legal charges or penalties
- Its growth will start reducing
- Their reputation will be at stake
- Sometime, in worst situation, they run out of business
To avoid all this problem or issue it is necessary to recover corrupt Exchange database mailbox and then access the EDB mailbox without any trouble.
Manual Solution to Use PowerShell Repair Mailbox Exchange 2016 from Corruption
Users can use the New-MailboxRepairRequest PowerShell cmdlet which help them to detect and repair the corruption issue. You can use this solution to repair on-premise Exchange mailbox from corruption and this command applies to Exchange Server 2010, 2013, 2016 and above version.
This Exchange PowerShell command is used to repair the particular mailbox or all the mailboxes in the database. When users execute the cmdlet then users cannot access the Exchange mailbox that is being repaired. If user want to stop the repair request the only way to do is that you dismount the Exchange database.
In order to avoid the performance problem, for the database level repair you can only keep one request active on the server and for mailbox level repair, users can keep upto 100 request active on the server.
Use Command to Repair Corrupted Mailbox Exchange 2016
1. Execute the cmdlet given below to detect & repair all the folder views for the mailbox such as: email@example.com
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org -CorruptionType FolderView
2. Use the command mentioned below to only detect and provide the reports on the SearchFolder & ProvisionedFolder corruption issue. The cmdlet below does not repair the Exchange mailbox.
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox eden -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder -DetectOnly
3. Insert the following cmdlet to detect & repair the AggregateCounts for all the mailboxes on the Exchange mailbox database i.e. MB-DB
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Database MB-DB -CorruptionType AggregateCounts
4. You can use the command given below to detect and repair all corruption types for the biden mailbox and archive.
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox biden -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview -Archive
5. The Exchange PowerShell cmdlet creates Matt mailbox & then use the variable to specify the value for the DB i.e. Database & StoreMailbox to create a request to detect and repair all corruption types.
$Mailbox = Get-MailboxStatistics Matt
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Database $Mailbox.Database -StoreMailbox $Mailbox.MailboxGuid -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview
Drawback Of Manual Solution
- It doesn’t repair offline / dismounted Exchange database and mailboxes from corruption
- Requires users to have in-depth knowledge, technical skills and hands-on experience
- It is a time consuming and lengthy method
Note: Sometimes due to corruption the Exchange database goes into dismounted or offline state and the solution provided here only repair the on-premise Exchange mailbox. In this case, you can the advanced solution which support these EDB file and easily recover and repair it from corruption in a simplified manner without any hassle.
Automated Wizard to Repair Exchange 2016 Mailbox from Corruption
The Exchange Server Recovery Tool provided by SysTools is the professional utility which is designed and developed with an advanced algorithm used by many technical and non-technical users to recover offline / dismounted Exchange database file (Private & Public) from minimal and major corruption in a hassle freeway.
It offers Quick and Advance scan mode option which recover and repair Exchange EDB file from corruption. Depending on the level of corrupted database you can select the option. For minimal corruption select Quick scan mode and for highly corrupted .edb file select the advance scan. Users can export the recovered as we as healthy mailboxes to the Live Exchange 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 Server mailboxes, Office 365, and multiple file formats.
Working Steps to Recover & Repair Offline Exchange 2016 Mailbox from Corruption
1. Download > Install > Run the automated tool
2. After that, click on add file button > Load corrupt offline EDB file > Select the Advance scan mode > Click on the add button
3. Preview recovered offline Exchange database mailboxes > Click on the export button
4. Select the mailboxes and export it to the desired export option
Bringing It All Together
Now users have detailed information on how to use PowerShell Repair Mailbox Exchange 2016 from corruption via solution that is provided here. To repair the mailbox from on-premise Exchange then you can the manual solution and if you have dismounted or corrupted Exchange database then you can advanced method mentioned in the above section which easily recover and repair the .edb file without using command in a simplified way without any hassle. According to your preference you can select the solution and repair the mailbox without any hindrance.