One of the most visited countries in the world is the United States of America, a fact that cannot be denied or neglected. This country beckons tourists of all ages and segments of the society to visit here for various purposes, for work, business, migration, studies or simply as a tourist. There are numerous cities in the country that are worth the visit, of which one is Las Vegas. This city created in the desert is also referred to as Sin City. There are numerous activities to indulge in and checkout in the city of Las Vegas. However, those who love gambling and casinos will make a beeline to visit this place. This city does boast of having a large number of popular casinos, where you can get to play different types of gambling games of choice with real money, where you win or lose. Planning the trip properly will allow you to enjoy the trip and make the most of your time.
Top things to indulge in and visit at Las Vegas
- Red Rock Canyon, National Conservation Area: This place is located 17 miles away from the city of Las Vegas. Here, you can get a chance to explore the areas beyond the Las Vegas Strip and have an amazing outdoor experience. Throughout the park are present 19 marked trails. Here you can enjoy the vibrant desert colors and beautiful crimson rock formation. The conservation area occupies a total area of 195,819 acres in the Mojave Desert. The Red Rock also is said to feature several amazing geological masterpieces like Aztec Sandstone cliffs. This place is, however, open from 8am to 4.30pm only and hence, you need to plan it accordingly to ensure getting to explore it along with the Dinosaur fossils found here.
- Fine Art at Bellagio Gallery: The gallery is present within Bellagio casino and hotel and is known to have paintings created by Andy Warhol, Rembrandt, and Monet. You can check out the ‘Art and Wine’ event that takes place from 5 to 7pm that is sure to provide you with some fun. Here, the wine gets paired with featured artwork, while discussion on interactive wine & art takes place at 6pm. It is open from 10am to 8pm.
- Mob Museum: This is a history and curiosity museum, where tourists of all ages can get to learn something interesting. This building was initially a courthouse that later got converted into a museum, opened on 14th February 2012. You can get to explore American history’s unique side by making a visit here, located in downtown of the city. You will come across stories about law enforcement and organized crime at this world-class, interactive museum. Ranging from handling of mobs by the Federal government to wiretapping exhibits that are portrayed in Hollywood films, this museum can be termed to be extensive and also quite visual. It is open from 10am to 7pm daily and do ensure checking out visual media and interactive exhibits.
- Fremont Street Experience: Located in downtown of the city, it is a 5 block entertainment district. Here, you can get to indulge in different types of exciting activities such as watching light shows for free that is held every night, ‘SlotZilla’ zip line and 3 stories waterslide constructed at Shark Tank, Golden Nugget. You can also find here various types of restaurants, casinos, and bars including the popular Hogs and Heifers Saloon, which are a hotspot for Nacho Daddy and several bikers. At this salon, you should definitely try out the scorpion shot that features actual scorpion present in a shot of choice. It is open 24 hours. One main attraction here is a chunk of Berlin Wall that is kept within Main Street Station of the Men’s restroom. The security escorts women to check it out.
- Paris Las Vegas: This place is rather all about nightlife, dining, and half-scale, lit up a replica of the majestic Eiffel Tower as well as that of Arc de Triomphe. There is a French restaurant halfway the tower where you can indulge in delicious and tasty French food or simply go to the top to check out the beautiful surroundings. Strolling along the winding and narrow alleyways will lead you to cute boutiques.
- National Atomic Testing Museum: This history and science museum is in association with Smithsonian Institution. It has been created to provide valuable information to tourists and locals alike about the nuclear testing program of America at the Nevada Test Site. Here, you can come across various tips of interesting exhibits and also get an opportunity to have a feel of the simulated bomb blast, including an exhibit on radiation and on atomic bomb creation. This museum is open from 10am to 5pm on weekdays. Check out interactive exhibits.
- Springs Preserve: This is a paradise away from the bustling casinos and neon lights of the city. You can visit Nevada State Museum, where there is exhibited a large mastodon skeleton. Do take a tour of the botanical garden present here, considered to be home to a huge collection of succulents and cacti plants belonging to the Mojave Desert. It is open from 10am to 4pm.
- Shark Reef, Mandalay Bay: This place features aquatic animals collected from tropical places from the world over. This oceanic palace takes you on a journey where you get to see rare animals that are otherwise not found in any of the zoos. It includes the Black Piranha and the Galapagos Shark. There are also endangered fishes featured at the reef including the Arowana and the sawfish. Check out the official timings before you visit.
- Adventure Theme Park: This is a place where you and your family including children are sure to enjoy. It boasts of having various types of attractions and rides including rollercoasters such as the world’s only double corkscrew, indoor double-loop rollercoaster named ‘The Canyon Blaster’. Adventuredome offers young kids with junior rides. Check out the official timings before visiting the place.
With this city being crowded with tourists throughout the year, it will be wise to book your Best Hotels in Las Vegas much in advance to grab a fabulous deal.