There can be many reasons for the rejection of E Indian visa, most of it is because of the strict guidelines that the government has set up. To know about the reasons for rejection of the Indian visa in detail, follow the context below.
• Criminal History – As per the regulations and guidelines provided by the Indian Government on Visa application, an application or an Indian Visa approval will get rejected if the person is found to have some sort of criminal record. Also, hiding this fact in the visa application can result in visa rejection.
• Multiple Visa Application – The Indian government allows only one Indian Visa on a single passport at one time. The visa is issued on the name of a specific individual for a period of 1 to 5 years depending on the type of visa issues.
For instance, if you already have an active Indian visa in the period between 1 to 5 years, and apply for another one on the same name, the application is subjected to be rejected. Indian visa validates only one passport at a time. Also, if you mistakenly apply for an Indian Visa before the active one expires, chances are there that your current visa will be automatically rejected.
• Incorrect Visa Type – There are high chances that your Indian visa will get rejected if you enter a wrong visa type during the application. For instance, if you are a businessman and visiting Indian for business purposes, you apply for a business visa. Using a tourist visa in similar circumstances or vice-versa would cancel your visa approval. Every kind of detail in the ‘intent’ section must match with the type of via that one applies for.
• Blurred Photo, Documents, or Passport – According to the terms and conditions for the application of Indian Visa, any kind of document, passport copy, and individual photograph should be cleared and detailed, any blurry uploads will lead to rejection. For instance, the photograph that you upload into the application page must be clear from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin. The resolution should not be less than 6 megapixels.
For a passport copy, be it scanned, or clicked from camera or phone, details like name, date of birth, passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry should be clear. Also, the MRZ portion should not be cropped off from the passport copy.
• Incorrect Fund Details – The Indian Government is eligible to ask the applicant for information regarding funds that one is willing to carry during the visit to India. The applicant must carry a sufficient amount of money to support his stay inside India, if not, the visa application might get rejected.
• Incorrect information – One of the most common instances of rejection of visa application is incorrect information provided in the application. There are times when the details mentioned in the passport often mismatches from the details in the application which could lead to cancellations on spot. Applicants should be careful about important fields such as passport number, name, date of birth, reference from the home country, and so on. Even if there is a slight error in typing the name exactly as printed in the passport, the visa will get rejected.
Along with this, it is very important to mention a reference from the home country. For instance, if you are a citizen of the United Kingdom and have been living in Singapore for the past few years, the reference should be made on the name of a family member or friend residing in the United Kingdom and not in Singapore.
• Lost/Stolen Passport – At times when you lose your old passport due to uncertain events and applying for a new one. In the application form, it is mandatory to provide a copy of a police report for a lost or stolen passport. Without this, the visa application will be rejected.
Tips to prevent your Indian visa from getting rejected.
In the above context, one can get to know one or multiple reasons why a visa might have been rejected by the government. The following tips will guide you on how to prevent visa rejection.
Adding Appropriate Details – Never falsify any information on the visa application. Add accurate details of the purpose or intent that you are traveling to India for.
For instance, if you are visiting India for medical purposes, there are two separate types of visas available for that. One is the Medical Attendant visa and the other is the Medical visa.
For patients, an application should be made for a Medical Visa, and for those who are accompanying the patient, a Medical Attendant visa should be applied for (Note – Only two medical attendants are allowed to accompany the patient during their visit to India). Necessary documents like a clear recommendation letter from the hospital, and accurate information on the procedure, surgery, and treatment should be mentioned in the letter of a Medical visa.
In the case of a Business Visa to India, the application demands the website addresses for the foreign country as well the Indian company that the person is visiting. The application also requires a business card of the company and an attested email along with the application.
Check Country Eligibility – As per the information posted over the official Indian visa site, India allows visa applications from 169 countries, and if you do not belong to any of the listed countries, then the visa application will get rejected on the subject of country ineligibility.
In certain situations, if your ancestors belong to Pakistan, even though they are residing in another country, you will not be eligible for an Indian e-Visa. Instead, you have to visit the Indian embassy and get yourself a regular visa.
The process of applying an Indian visa may look complicated with all those things to keep in mind while filling up the details. But to avoid rejection, these are the requirements that you have to meet. And if you have further doubts regarding this subject, do visit the official Indian visa site, email your doubts to the proper channel, or follow a simple, and easy application process to your Indian visa application.