Modern technology has impacted our day-to-day lives, including the way we communicate with each other. However, gone are those days when people find their mates and hang out with them. With technology, they gradually inclined towards dating apps for meeting new ones and communicating virtually via in-app audio/video calls.
According to Statista, revenue generation from the global online dating sector would be $3,601 million by the end of 2021. There is a projection that it would grow at a rate of 7.13% and will hit over $4,744 million by 2025 from the period of 2021 and 2025. Therefore, launch a tinder clone to be one among the thriving online industry
Story of Tinder – Stats and facts
- Tinder, a dating app launched in 2012. It facilitates users to swipe right or left to show their likes and dislikes.
- The matching algorithm will enable them to find mates on the basis of their geographic location. With its business model, it had more than 6 million downloads in January 2021.
- It is available in 196 countries and most of the users are from the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Canada, and France.
- Notably, 50% of the app users are aged between 18 and 25, reported in 2021. According to Statista, the number of users started to increase in 2020 (during the pandemic) as it had 60 million visits.
- In addition to this, Statista reported that the number of paid subscribers was 6.6 million in 2020. When compared to the previous year, its revenue increased by 18% in 2020.
Tinder’s stats and facts show that it has achieved prodigious popularity with millions of users in recent years. Thus, launching Tinder Clone will surely reap various benefits.
Strategies to develop a dating app like Tinder
- Initially, you have to perform market research alongside determining & knowing target audiences’ preferences and competitor analysis.
- From this, decide which features to include in your app. Ensure the chosen features are relevant to your business model.
- Contemplate establishing unique selling propositions as this will make your app distinctive from others. As a result, paving the way to grab a wider target audience’s attention.
- Once you have framed how your app wants to be, approach a suitable app development company and go ahead with dating app development.
- The app you deploy must be devoid of bugs and errors. Marketing the app is as essential as designing and developing it. Employ popular or well-known social media channels and promote your dating app.
- Everything set? Launch Tinder Clone on the platform you have chosen based on your target audience.
Revenue-generating streams of online dating app
When you start proceeding with dating app development, you should be aware of which monetization strategies to follow. Now, let us briefly outline the standard revenue models of online dating apps.
Subscription charges – premium model
The free version of the app does not allow users to access all the features. If they want to access special features, they can avail of a subscription plan. For this, they have to pay charges monthly, half-yearly, or yearly. Here’s a list of some special features that can be accessed upon availing of a subscription plan.
- Unlimited swipes
- Undo the last swipe
- Super like
Take Tinder as an example, and it incurs charges of between $9.99 and $19.99. As a platform owner, you can set a fixed percentage of the amount and levy the subscription charges from your app users.
The best approach to earn a substantial income is advertising charges. Let third parties run ads on your platform and charge them on the basis of clicks, views, or impressions. Alternatively, you can impose a fixed charge.
You can implement the in-app purchases model to boost your revenue generation to a greater extent. Like other mobile apps, in-app purchases can be implemented in dating apps. This might include Gifs, emojis, and similar others.
How much does it cost to create a dating app like Tinder?
The most common question for entrepreneurs who plan to launch dating apps similar to Tinder in the market is the total cost for development. Answering it, the dating app development cost is not a predictable one without knowing business requirements. It completely relies on the individual app requirements. However, various factors will influence the cost. It includes the following.
- Features set included in the app
- UI//UX design
- Complexity & size of the app
- Integration of third-party services
- App development company’s location
- The time frame required to finish the app development
Furthermore, making a dating app from scratch would cost more when compared than building it using Tinder Clone Script. This is because it is a pre-built app solution that encompasses basic features.
At present, the online dating apps market is trending, which is expected to grow in a fast-paced manner. However, Tinder has marked its place in this market with a reach of millions of people worldwide. In Particular, its reach is broader in the United States. Hence, choosing to deploy Tinder Clone will be the best decision ever you make in this decade as you can reap benefits with its business model.