Do you know concrete accounts for 30% to 50% of the overall price of constructed structure? The quality of any concrete depends upon the durability and strength of any constructed structure.
Do you have queries regarding the benefits of mix on site concrete? Well, to clear all the doubts, we have compiled a list of top benefits of on site mixed concrete.
Let’s take a glance at the meaning of mix on site concrete and its advantages.
What Is On Site Mixed Concrete
Constituents mixture – coarse aggregates, fine aggregates, lime or cement, and coarse aggregates is called concrete. To improving strength and setting time, calcium chloride is used in concrete.
Generally, concrete that is mixed and batched at the site is on site mixed concrete. It is also known as mix on site concrete. It helps to reduce wastage and enhance the efficiency of resources include in the entire construction process.
Benefits Of On Site Mixed Concrete
When it comes to getting the most for your money with concrete for the lowest price, on site concrete is the best. There are many benefits of on site mixed concrete, let’s take a dive!
Most probably, you will receive mix on site concrete on a precise volume. Mixing on site will allow you to get fresh concrete in front of your eyes.
And if you are opting for drum mixers, it is affordable, high-quality, and efficient. So, in the end, having great quality at an affordable price is not a bad deal.
On site mix concrete is done by the traditional method too. Here you can instruct contractors and labour about specific requirements. You will see the entire concrete mixing process in front of your eyes which makes you feel stress-free about the final structure.
3. Pay According To The Usage
On site concrete mix allow you to pay for the material using in construction. It means the contractor won’t be able to charge an extra amount. Also, you can ensure that you get a precise amount of concrete.
So, you will pay for material actually used in your construction project.
Cement mixed on site is always fresh to use. You will not face delays like traffic or other mishaps because they will be made under your surveillance. Furthermore, you will not be worried about the contractor using pre-mixed or decaying concrete. Because concrete for your project will be created in front of your eyes.
On site mix concrete is a versatile construction material. It can be used for small as well as large construction projects. It simply denotes that it is versatile and can be used for any project.
How To Make Make Site Mix Concrete?
You can prepare on site concrete in two manners:
- Hand Mixed Concrete
- Machine Mixed Concrete
Hand Mixed Concrete
- Hand mixing is the best way to follow for less quantity of concrete.
- First, workers keep cement on an impermeable, hard, dry, and clean surface.
- Then sand gets mixed in cement. The process continues till a smooth mix is visible.
- Next is adding aggregates to this mixture. The entire mixture gets mixed until it looks distributed uniformly.
- Then worker pours water as per specific requirements and in the centre of it.
- And to obtain a workable mix, the mass of concrete get mixed.
- You can also add 10 % of cement. It is for compensating for the chances of inadequate mixing.
Machine Mixed Concrete
There are two types of machine mixed concrete
A. Batch Mixers
- In this process, the concrete is formed batch by batch in specific time intervals.
- Contractors manage a large drum to mix in a batch mixer.
- The batch mixers are generally drum-type or pan type.
- Materials are combined into the tank. And they are processed by a set of baffles or blades show inside the drum.
B. Continuous Mixers
- Continuous mixers are used to continue and very large flow of concrete.
- In this case, providing raw material to the mixer is generally automatic.
- Furthermore, through screw feeders, the materials are continuously supplied in the mixer.
- But, proper supervision is really important.
C. Drum mixers
There are usually 3 types of drum mixer such as:
- Tilting Mixer
In this mixer, the drum is used to be kept in a tilted way and keep rotating.
- Non-tilting Mixer
In this mixer, a vertical drum is used to make the process easier.
- Reversing Mixer
Concrete produce by the mixer in single batches. In this mixer whole drum rotates in a horizontal and vertical axis.
So is this question popping in your mind that which is the best mix on site concrete near me? If so, we suggest you do thorough research on the concrete you are going to buy.
On site mix concrete has its own benefits. If you know any other, then do let us know in the comment section.