How to treat a round hairline? This is a question that has been asked by hundreds of men and women worldwide. Whether the round hairline results from bad genes, age, or medical conditions like alopecia areata. It is a huge issue that affects most people. But there are some treatments to help you with this issue.
These treatments have been approved to help reverse the damage and recover the areas caused by the hair loss.
In this article, we will list round hairline treatments that work.
Round Hairline Treatments That Actually Works
This is a topical over-the-counter medication that works for patients experiencing hair loss. The drug is suitable for patients at the initial stage of a receding hairline. Minoxidil helps to thicken the hair follicles at the front and strengthen them. It is more effective in tropical form, and the doctors mostly recommend you use it two times a day. When applying it to your scalp, ensure you are massaging it roughly, before you undergo this popular treatment. You should research its side effects.
Minoxidil Side Effects
Every medication has side effects and risks. These side effects should be factored in along with the benefits. Thus, we will highlight the most common complications of minoxidil. This will help you decide whether or not minoxidil is an ideal treatment for you. These complications can be temporary, but they may last longer if you have sensitive skin.
- Unwanted hair growth; minoxidil can sometimes cause unwanted body hair. This is because the treatment affects hormones and can cause imbalances.
- Irregular heartbeat; one of the main severe complications of minoxidil is a fast or irregular heartbeat. The complication can be chronic for patients with heart issues. Ensure you call your doctor immediately you start feeling your heart racing.
- Dizziness; most people have also reported feeling dizzy after taking minoxidil. Sometimes, your body might react in this manner to show that it has refused the medication. In this case, you should stop using minoxidil until the doctor gives a green light.
- Headaches; headaches can range from mild to severe. The complication only affects you physically and not mentally.
- Eyesight; using minoxidil can affect your vision for a more extended period. Your vision can be so bad that you find it difficult to recognize things with your eyes. In the long term, this complication can be severe. Therefore, ensure to inform your doctor if you cannot see things.
- Swelling; minoxidil can affect your limbs. Your hands and feet can begin to swell after consuming minoxidil for hair loss.
2. Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant is a surgical process used to treat around the hairline. This process utilizes either follicular unit extraction (FUE) or follicular unit transplant (FUT). During the treatment, hair will be harvested from the area of your scalp where there is more hair.
These strands will then be divided into individual follicles used to transplant them from your scalp. These treatments are typically costly and are estimated to be around $10000. The outcome will be impressive if you opt for the right surgeon. Like any other surgical procedure, this treatment has its share of side effects. Common complications of this treatment are;
- Scalp infection
- Telogen effluvium
3. Consuming a Healthy Diet
This treatment is suitable at the initial stage of a receding hairline. Diets play a crucial role in your hair. Consuming a healthy diet in your twenties is an investment that will help you retain a thick hairline as you age. Ensure you are consuming healthy diets to avoid this devastating hair loss.
Consuming more proteins is essential if you want to have a full head of hair. Consume foods rich in B vitamins, zinc, iron, and silica. These will help in strengthening weak strands and regrowing the lost hair. Cigarettes and alcohol are the worst enemies of hair.
Finasteride is an ideal treatment if your hairline receding is in the middle or initial stages. This is another popular treatment is prescribed which helps in slowing and fixing receding hairlines. Typically, finasteride is available in an oral pill form. It is suitable for both men and women who are experiencing hair loss. If you are pregnant or are planning to, you should not consume this treatment. This is because it might cause a defect to the unborn child.
Ensure that you consult your doctor before you undergo this treatment. This is because it has been reported to have more complications. Common side effects of this treatment are;
- Skin rash
- Increase in breast and tenderness
- Your lips, tongue, throat, and face might start swelling
- You may experience stress and anxiety.
4. Low-Level Light Therapy
This treatment is ideal for patients at the mid-stage of receding hairline. Low-level therapy uses red light technology to stimulate hair follicles and promote thick and fuller hair regrowth. This treatment helps fix the shrinking hairline and is safe and less invasive if you compare it to FUT surgery. Low-level light therapy has a few complications that includes are:
- It is a time-consuming treatment
- No proven side effects.
NeoGraft is a modern hair treatment method that you can opt for on both the initial and mild stages of a receding hairline. This treatment is for men and women to thickness to their hairline. NeoGraft is a less invasive therapy that helps to improve your hairline without a scar, discomfort, and a long discovery period.
After this process, you will get many small scars almost entirely unrecognizable. The only limitation of using NeoGraft to treat your hairline is the cost. It is more expensive if you compare it to the strip method FUT.
A rounded hairline can be upsetting to many people, but it does not pose any risks to your health. Everyone can manage their receding hairline with any of the above treatments. If you start losing your hair at an advanced rate, it is advisable to opt for the treatment. Choosing the correct option to recover your hair loss will help stop the hair loss from getting worse.
Leave a Reply