Pranayama, yoga poses, and meditation in Hatha yoga style benefit you physically, mentally and spiritually. The following article enlightens you about the same.
Yoga has evolved over the years; therefore, one can learn from distinct yoga styles. Despite various styles, Hatha yoga is considered the best for beginners. It is because of the static and gentle poses of this style. They act as a catalyst and prepare the mind and body for advanced chakra and kundalini practice. For the same reason, yoga is also the preferred yoga style for yoga teacher training in India.
Hatha yoga class lasts between 45 to 90 minutes. It begins with a gentle warm-up followed by advance physical poses and ends with a short period of meditation. Yoga school in India follows the same pattern for the class such as:
- Warm-up exercises (Breathing): Most of the Hatha yoga classes practice pranayama or breathing exercises as a warm-up. During this period, the yoga instructor constantly reminds you to focus on the breathing pattern. Once you get a hold of it, you may practice advance breathing exercises as well.
- Physical poses: This pleasant yoga style involves a set of yoga poses that can be practiced either standing or lying on the floor. The poses may seem easy but benefit the mind as well body in various ways.
- Meditation: By the end of the Hatha yoga session, one must feel relaxed and calm. Meditation at the end helps you achieve the same. It gives you the time you calm the mind, nerves and increased heartbeat. It brings your body to rest and makes you feel relaxed.
Whether you learn Hatha yoga from a yoga studio or yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, it yields three unbelievable advantages i.e. physical, mental and spiritual. Through the following article, let’s discover these advantages of Hatha yoga:
- Physical advantages: The twisting, bending, balancing and squeezing during Hatha yoga session transforms the body, for instance:
- Reverse bone loss: Weak and fragile bones can cause bone fracture and osteoporosis. Whereas, Hatha yoga poses like warrior pose, tree pose, and triangle pose can help you reverse bone loss. They trigger osteoblasts i.e. bone making cells that help in developing new bone.
- Aids weight loss: Seated forward bend, shoulder stand, half-moon pose, etc. are some of the Hatha yoga poses that aids weight loss. It helps you burn 180 calories in an hour. It rips the muscles and utilizes energy from stored fat in the body.
- Mental advantages: Numerous studies have shown that Hatha yoga also benefits you mentally. Some of its mental aids are:
- Reduces anxiety and depression: As per the Harvard University, yoga practice stimulates the stress response of an individual. It lowers blood pressure and the level of cortisol hormone in the blood and reduces anxiety and depression.
- Lowers the effect of traumatic experience: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is one of the frequently experienced mental illnesses. In such cases, patients suffer from nightmares and flashbacks of the trauma. Concerning the American Psychological Association, Hatha yoga practice lowers the PTSD symptoms and helps the brain to counterattack the same.
To know more about the mental benefits of Hatha yoga, enroll for yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
- Spiritual advantages: Apart from physical and mental benefits, Hatha yoga also benefits you spiritually. The spiritual aspect of hatha yoga is about harmonizing the mind, body, and breath as well as developing self-realization.
Desires, fear, worry, etc. imbalances the mind. To clean the mind with such negativity, Hatha yoga develops mental flexibility and inner strength. They help you cope up with stressful situations in life and keeps you positive. It brings inner peace and sensitizes you towards responsibilities professionally as well as personally.
Hence, give yourself the freedom to experience these benefits on a deeper level with yoga teacher training in India.