Workshops need good cleaning system that can remove the dust in the area and bring in fresh and clean air. Whether you have small workshop or a big commercial one, you must have some dust extractors that can remove materials like saw dust from the environment. There are many dust collector systems installed in the big commercial and industrial shops for this purpose. Smaller workshops can have portable and efficient dust extractor for the similar purposes. You need to install the same in your workplace to provide hygienic and clean environment to your employees.
Importance of dust extractors
Dust extraction has major importance in health and safety perspective. The woodworking involves lot of power machines and tools that produce a huge amount of dust which can be harmful to health. Apart from that, your machines can also accumulate huge amounts of dust and you will need to repair them at an extra cost. To protect yourself and your employees from the dangers of dust you need to put up a system or get an equipment like dust extractor for your workshop.
- It is a general conception that hardwoods are more dangerous to the health of human beings than the softwood as they contain compounds like tannin and produce finer particles after machined. But softwood can be dangerous too. The dust from man-made boards like MDF contains toxic which is much more dangerous. Dust from wood can be one primary cause of asthma, rhinitis, and dermatitis and even in some cases nasal cancer. Having a dust extractor in the workshop can capture all the fine dust from your workplace and keep the environment clean and fresh.
- Almost all wood work machines produce wood dust as well as wood chips. Wood chip is also very dangerous to the health of the people who working in the workshop. Not only the people but also the machines can become less efficient if there are no proper extractors for removing the dust and chips from the space.
- The waste resulting from the tantalized timber must be carefully disposed. If these are burnt can result in ash which contains arsenic. So it is better to remove them by some dust excavators and follow a hassle free process to keep your rooms clean and tidy.
- The wood dust can get into electrical components and can produce flash fire. The risk of fire and explosion can be reduced by installing a good dust extractor.
Some features of dust extractors to look for
- The extractor must have high capacity waste storage sack or drums that can keep the dust collected together.
- A good motor power with efficient impellor system for elevated air flow. You must check their motor capacity and you should choose the best dust excavator for your workplace.
- You can look for good filter clearing system that can be manual or automatic as per you requirement. Automatic one is quite expensive, but you can easily operate these automatic machines with a remote control system.
- You need to choose the right kind of filter for the extractor system. Cartridge filter is standard one for medium and coarse dust while HEPA filter can be ideal for fine dusts.
- Portable extractors can be a good choice as it can be moved around anywhere in the workshop as per your need.
Choosing right extractor can be confusing but careful consideration can always help. You need to have a clear idea on the type of wood dust that would be produced at your workshop. This can help in finding the suitable equipment for dust collection for your requirement. Today, you can also choose some effective dust excavators from online.