A modern home is not complete without the HDMI connection. All the current entertainment gadgets come with an HDMI connection for the best audio and video experience. The High Definition Multimedia Interface has become the standard option to transmit digital audio and video data. From laptop to home theatre system; almost all the digital equipment is now supported by the HDMI Cable.
The only thing you have to check whether the device has an HDMI interface that will be connected with the particular cable. It is available in different colors and forms but the main purpose remains the same.
With the new development, the new versions of the HDMI cable have evolved to do many other things like to control other devices with the help of HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (HDMI-CEC), internet connectivity sharing with the help of HDMI Ethernet Channel (HDMI-HEC), and audio output transmission with the help of Audio Return Channel (HDMI-ARC).
So, here we will discuss what a standard HDMI Cable can do.
- You can watch a movie from laptop to TV: This is the most popular way, people use the HDMI cable in their house. With the help of the cable, you can transmit data from your laptop to your TV. Watching a movie on TV is always a better experience than watching it on a laptop as the first one has a bigger appearance and screen. If you don’t have a smart TV or streaming device, you have to connect your laptop with TV and enjoy the movies or series of different OTT platform.
- You can connect your laptop to the monitor: Another popular way to use the HDMI cable is to connect the laptop with a bigger monitor for better viewing. Often designers or programmers need a bigger screen for their work. Creative things like video editing can’t be done with laptop monitors. It is the best and easiest way to increase productivity.
- You can connect your Set Top Box with TV: The set-top box is an integral part of every household. Whether you have a 4K TV or HD TV; it should be connected with the HDMI cable for high definition audio and video transmission.
- You can connect the streaming box: The SBT boxes are now replaced with the streaming box. More and more people are looking for the OTT platform for the best entertainment content. They have better accessibility and convenience to watch shows at their own time. Online streaming services like Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, and Apple+ are gaining so much popularity and for that, every household prefers streaming devices like Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku Express, etc. HDMI cable is the only and the best way to transmit digital signal from device to TV.
- You can connect the TV with the Soundbar: To give a feel of home theatre, you must want the soundbar to complete your entertainment unit. Whether you are watching a movie or playing a game, the soundbar can provide you the ultimate experience. Through the HDMI cable, the high-quality audio data will transmit from the TV to the soundbar. However, your TV must have the Audio Return Channel (ARC) interface to support that.