The need for internet connectivity is on the rise. Slowing down the internet speed has also become pretty common. What do I do? Change my ISP and look for another best broadband connection near me? That is the only option I have; right!
Wrong. There are plenty of instances wherein lowering of internet speed can be easily corrected at the customer’s end. Some simple ways of doing it include:
- Looking into the data cap: None of the internet providers near me will advertise or talk about the same. The reason is very simple. Data caps have a way of seriously messing with your connection. So, what is a data cap? It is the amount of data that you are authorized to consume as per the internet package chosen. This means once you fully consume your data your ISP will automatically reduce your internet connectivity speed considerably.
- Router and modem maintenance: Once installed, they are completely forgotten. But router and modem maintenance miraculously increase the internet speed by stimulating the internet connectivity between you and your ISP. Thus, they need to be refreshed at least once every month. For problematic areas they can also be reset once every day. Repositioning of the router might also help it to get access to stronger signals and increase internet speeds.
- Embrace the Ethernet: This is something all internet providers near me keep saying but I rarely follow. Why? Because the wireless is very convenient to use but it also slows down the connection. Cabled connections like the Ethernet enables signals to directly come to the device you use. Thus, it is stronger, faster and infinitely more reliable.
- Using a streamlined browser: When numerous tabs are opened at the same time, it automatically lowers the internet speed. But opening up several tabs might also be a necessity in your line of work. To prevent it from negatively affecting your internet speed, use a streamlined browser. These browsers streamline web page data thereby providing for a quicker and satisfying browsing experience.
- Installing anti-virus protection: The World Wide Web is filled with viruses, Trojans, malwares etc. All these carry a very high-risk potential. They can damage your saved data and also reduce internet speed considerably. Thus, if you are a regular and frequent user of the internet, getting an antivirus or malware scanner installed will improve your speed greatly and also keep your device and data safe.
- Clear cache: Heavy internet users should do it at least once every day. This is not a tip; it is a mandatory need. As you browse the websites and browser collects bits and pieces of information about you. These data, cookies and trackers are used by marketers to send you relevant ads thereby lowering the performance of your device and the internet. Regular clearing of the cache coupled with investing in a good Ad-Blocker and installing it will automatically block any ads the marketers try to send. This will help boost your internet speed.
These are some easy and inexpensive ways to increase internet speed. And they also ratify your choice of opting for the best broadband connection near me. Thus, these measures need to be adopted and diligently followed.